Cave Diving Pictures ... Please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckydays

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am just a rec diver and don't really see ever being more than that, unless I move away from the Midwest. I can understand some peoples interest in wreck diving as sunken ships look interesting from the outside. At least from the outside, I can see why the inside of a wreck would be interesting to a diver. But I have never been near a cave or cavern and have a hard time picturing why cave diving would be of interest to someone. Until I saw a video of the inside of a cave with the stalagmites and stalactites all over the place. In my mind, I picture dark, deep, silty, tunnels that lead to nowhere but maybe a larger room off of the tunnels. I never thought that caves could be so fascinating.

So to slake my curiosity, can you post pictures of what your dives look like so I can try to get an idea of why many of you are fascinated by the caves. If possible, can you post the location, depth and distance of the dive to put the picture in perspective.

For anyone who does post, please note that my interest is purely educational and I have no intent to enter any of the caves potentially discussed and if I did, it would only be after exhaustive study and certification. As well should anyone else who may find this information to be interesting and choose to pursue cave diving in the future.

Are you going to be out at Haigh this weekend? What will it take to get you to join the bp/w (i have extras), DIR darkside??

I think I will be there Saturday. The question is weather. Are you going out to be there this weekend?

I cant be DIR since I have pink split fins. It just would not work.

The caves interest me but I am not sure if I am ever going to go that route. Maybe when I look to upgrading the gear that I have. I just want to see pictures and get the details of the dives to see what is out there. I would be more likely to get into wreck diving before caves given our location and my Navy experiences.

As for the links for the pics and video. Thank you so much. That is the kind of stuff I am looking for. I would like to see more "best of" pics instead of every pic of every cave dive out there (including the look at me shots) but its all good. I can get the idea. I would like to have more info about the dives like location, depth and distance but the pics that were linked are fantastic as well.

Here you go, enjoy!
Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

820__MG_8492_Chitkin_Ha_pool_5-09.jpg

I think I will be there Saturday. The question is weather. Are you going out to be there this weekend?

I cant be DIR since I have pink split fins. It just would not work.

Lol, Melissa had the hardest time giving up her pink splitfins. We'll be out there on Saturday as well, we can talk about getting you in a all girls Fundies class.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom