Cave line vs ziptie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
A quick question.

DIR Diver - How to tie a loop on a light

If you look at the link above and look at the last photo you see a cave tied attachment.
My question is: what's under the caveline - it's grey-black whereas everthing else is black.
It looks like a notch he put in the derlin to hold the loop.

I used the slot where the nut is screwed on.

Thanks JeffG,

I feel a bit of a prat - it's blindingly obvious isn't it:)

PfcAJ,
Thanks but I prefer JeffG's answer - I use 2 zipties and I found it better than caveline but I want to reduce slippage as much as I can and I think what JeffG does will eliminate that - I'm just annoyed that I hadn't thought of the obvious. For some reason I thought it might put too much stress on the nut but well it can't.

PfcAJ,
Thanks but I prefer JeffG's answer - I use 2 zipties and I found it better than caveline but I want to reduce slippage as much as I can and I think what JeffG does will eliminate that - I'm just annoyed that I hadn't thought of the obvious. For some reason I thought it might put too much stress on the nut but well it can't.

It was a sarcastic reply to a prior post, so nevermind.

I don't use zipties, I make the whole thing out of bungee, actually. It works very well and hasn't slipped or came off in over 200 cave dives.

It was a sarcastic reply to a prior post, so nevermind.

I don't use zipties, I make the whole thing out of bungee, actually. It works very well and hasn't slipped or came off in over 200 cave dives.

oh I saw what you did there AJ
you're clever
:)

Thanks, at least someone appreciates my humor...and zip ties...1000ft back...saving the day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom