Cavern/Cave Intro Training with GDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice story Jeff and congratulations! I'm bringing my 3 boys (ages 16, 14 and 12) down to Ginny over the Christmas holidays and we are taking the Introduction to Cavern course with Johnny Richards. However we will be taking this course with singles. All of us have been using the bp/w's for a while now as well as the long hoses, jet fins, etc. However my oldest (Benjamin who was in your Rescue class in Newport) has kept using his AIR2 so he'll finally switch over to the bungie for this class. Don't expect that we'll end up passing but do expect that we will all gain skills.

So, where are we all going to be able to use these new skills in caverns around New England? Any suggestions?

jtoorish:
AndThanks...your name came up more than once during the week.

ok, Rick LIED about the sheep thing ...

also, i never passed out in my drysuit, if he mentioned that ... it was more like a swoon. if he didn't mention it, never mind...

GypsyDoc:
So, where are we all going to be able to use these new skills in caverns around New England? Any suggestions?

Hey Doc,

Tell Benjamin I said hi! I still talk about what an amazing diver he is.

As for using these skills in New England, that's what airplanes are for. Actually, I'm in Florida at least a couple of times a year, Mexico once or twice a year, as well.

You'll love the course, it is terrific.

Jeff

H2Andy:
ok, Rick LIED about the sheep thing ...

also, i never passed out in my drysuit, if he mentioned that ... it was more like a swoon. if he didn't mention it, never mind...

He said it was a lamb.

What a fantastic post Jeff! It really was a blast. I wish I could have dove with you and Rick for the rest of your class.

Congratulations on both of those certifications.

Andrea really enjoys helping everyone get ready or being the topside support team member. I think she has a desire to become a Dive Master but just hasn't realized it yet. She will never take on any technical diving discipline, but she will always be there with us:)

It is amazing how realistic the task loading is in a drill scenario. I took my deco proceedures class from Rick last year - which also was heavily task loaded. But I never ever felt in danger -frustrated a lot, and having that desire to mumble through the regulator every now and then too.

Jason - Rick and every other technical diver out there will tell you that you can call any dive at any time and for any reason. I don't know how Rick (or any other technical instructor) does it, but he knows where you are and has an excellent feel for where your stress level is at - safety comes first. To quote Rick again "If you can breathe, you don't have an emergency, only an inconvenience".

Hey Andy - tell us about that sheep -err - lamb:11:

Jeff let us know when you are back down here in the neighborhood - and being a Navy guy maybe you can tell me why all those sailors on those floating cities (ahh ships) all cut themselves shaving in the same spot just behind the left ear?

(for those that don't know that is where the transderm seasick bandaide is placed for those that can't take it on the surface):popcorn:

Guess I don't need to mention why Andrea has so much experience untangling reels:)

Cheers

Steve

Gilless:
Jeff let us know when you are back down here in the neighborhood - and being a Navy guy maybe you can tell me why all those sailors on those floating cities (ahh ships) all cut themselves shaving in the same spot just behind the left ear?

(for those that don't know that is where the transderm seasick bandaide is placed for those that can't take it on the surface):popcorn:

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

:light: LOL...It's because when we fall overboard in the Navy, we can't just walk to shore!

I'll be back soon.

Jeff

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom