Cavernmania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It works for me.

Also, your link leads to a site that has a link that will take you to a page that has a link to the page that I posted the link to!

Got that??:D

Dee & DG - we must all be sisters!

I feel the same on the "deffinate maybe" the c-card and yes, the oh-so-lovely MX-10 video. I'd love more info on how to use this new toy. PM me about how we can make the exchange.

Natasha - How lucky we are to have a "Mom" like you - good looking, and with "connections" to boot! I'm kind of on overload right now, as I'm at a maxed-out level of anticipation about Wreckmania 2002 with Walter. (In other words - I'm Really Excited about it!) I'm sure I'll be appropriately appreciative of Joel Silverstein after that.

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

Put me on the list for Wreckmania II.

I wanted come this year, but we had pretty much used up our SCUBA budget on other trips.

Please keep me informed regarding dates and cost.

Hi Chris:
Glad you're interested. I know Cindy said she might make this one, and Heather will be ready since the bun will be out of the oven.
I'm hoping to have WreckmaniaII in the same resort that Wreckmania is now. This way the same wrecks can be covered.
I have now received 4 names of instructors for Cavernmania.
So I have my homework to do.
As far as Photomania I have two instructors I'm thinking about.
One is a very good friend of mine and has won an Emmy for his work on underwater photography.
The other is a friend of our dear Walter's. Hard choice, but either way, I will inform them of the cameras we hope they can cover.
As far as Joel, what makes him a scuba "God" in my eyes is the fact he has done 12 expeditions on the Andrea Doria.
I think he just might be able to teach us a few things about wrecks, eh?

Are a must for me next year. I am like many others and own an MX-10 so maybe we could have a special group of just those of us shooting with them?

Jeff does not do photography but he might be interested in Cavernmania. I will probably pass on Cavernmania, I am not too keen on really tight places. Wreck was as enclosed as I wanted to be! Besides that way I can watch the little one while Jeff does Cavernmania and he can watch him/her while I do photomania! Sounds like a plan to me!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

With so many of the Wreckmania gang already giving a thumbs up to this diving extravaganza it sounds like we're going to have a school reunion planned --- and we haven't even attended the school yet, let alone graduated!

This is going to be a diving extravaganza! And you would think it's a bit early to be talking about '03.... but guess what?
I just talked to the resort we're using Wreckmania for, and she is sold out for the dates I wanted Wreckmania II for. So it's not too early at all. And I will have to secure the resort for Key Largo soon too. July is a busy month in Florida, and books up a year or more ahead of time I was told.
So although we haven't past this July yet, we're onto next July, because we know we'll still want to dive then, and we better plan it now!

Originally posted by Natasha
This is going to be a diving extravaganza! And you would think it's a bit early to be talking about '03.... but guess what?
I just talked to the resort we're using Wreckmania for, and she is sold out for the dates I wanted Wreckmania II for. So it's not too early at all. And I will have to secure the resort for Key Largo soon too. July is a busy month in Florida, and books up a year or more ahead of time I was told.
So although we haven't past this July yet, we're onto next July, because we know we'll still want to dive then, and we better plan it now!

Ok I'm a Canadian, and typically we only head to Florida in the winter. Explain to me why Florida is busy in the summertime?

Pete can probably take this one.. but since I'm here now.. I'll answer it.
Florida is a most visited state in the US all year around. When the children are out of school in the summer guess where they want to go?
Disney World. From Disney they venture all over Florida to see more of the state. So besides Orlando, and Disney, Miami, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona.. and so many more cities, get a cut of the busy summer Florida business.
Hope that helped.

I thought I would pass along some cavern info to those of you that have posted that you don't think you want to do it.

Cavern diving, is not diving in tiny tight little spaces. Most of the caverns in North Florida are big and you could park several tour buses in some of them! Also in cavern you are always in view of the entrance and the sunlight. There is no such thing as night time cavern diving, once the sun is gone, it is considered a cave. So caverns are just the 'mouths' of a cave system. The cavern limts are 130 linear feet from the surface and and 70' in depth.

It is excellent training and I'm sure some of you, if not all, would greatly benefit from the skills you would learn. Mainly trim and bouyancy (which comes in handy if you are a photographer I would think).

Just my $.02.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom