Cayman Brac "kinda" live blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@KathyV , yes we have, a number of times. When we have been shore diving there, dive boats have dropped off divers on both reefs while we've been there (so they must think so). Both sites are certainly easy to get to from shore, & we think they make interesting photo opps as you said. There are finger reefs on either side of the dolphin statue, on Radar reef; & Atlantis is just a ways to left (facing the water) in the sand. This is an site/area that we usually are going to dive once anyway, and we can do both on the same dive, now that we know their locations on the reefs. What we tend to do now, is swim out to the mooring above Atlantis, drop down, do our photos, & then head over to the dolphin statue, checking out the reefs for fish on our way. Then we head into shore from there. Probably, you'll need to do them separately until you find your landmarks & mooring locations. But yes, I think it's worthwhile, at least once for the photos. (Green House & Nina's Miniwall are 2 of our favorite sites, so far. We have not dived them all yet & try to add a few each trip). Which are your top shore diving sites?

@KathyV , yes we have, a number of times. When we have been shore diving there, dive boats have dropped off divers on both reefs while we've been there (so they must think so). Both sites are certainly easy to get to from shore, & we think they make interesting photo opps as you said. There are finger reefs on either side of the dolphin statue, on Radar reef; & Atlantis is just a ways to left (facing the water) in the sand. This is an site/area that we usually are going to dive once anyway, and we can do both on the same dive, now that we know their locations on the reefs. What we tend to do now, is swim out to the mooring above Atlantis, drop down, do our photos, & then head over to the dolphin statue, checking out the reefs for fish on our way. Then we head into shore from there. Probably, you'll need to do them separately until you find your landmarks & mooring locations. But yes, I think it's worthwhile, at least once for the photos. (Green House & Nina's Miniwall are 2 of our favorite sites, so far. We have not dived them all yet & try to add a few each trip). Which are your top shore diving sites?

My favorite Cayman shore diving site is Turtle Reef on Grand Cayman, I haven't done any shore dives on Brac. We've made plans to go to Atlantis as a boat dive a few times, but something always gets in the way - like the weather turns against us. But I'll get there eventually, thanks!

@KathyV , a last note about Atlantis/Dolphin statues - these are located among the shallower finger reef system of CB (which seems to run 25-55+' or so) and are considerably shallower than their wall dives (Atlantis in the sand at 55'; Dophin at 45' or so). Both sites would be suitable for the 2nd of a 2 tank dive, after completing a deeper dive - the Tibbetts wreck or a wall dive (deeper dives being preferred by some divers) when diving from a boat.

@releck97 , Brac Shack has a Shore Diving guide which may tell distances to some of the wall dives from shore. We are arriving end of March and looking forward to our 3rd year shore diving their sites, hoping for good shore diving weather. (My profile photo is one of Bracs sites). Looking forward to your posts. Happy Bubbles!

:clearmask:
Yes, the guide was quite helpful. Thanks.

There is a tiny blue cayman cottage near the old Divi, right on the sand beach.. Don't know if it's for sale, but it's the prettiest beach and view in the Cayman's. Tiny, but a recent renovation. Maybe give you some ideas. Cheers
We paddled by that cottage and remarked that it was the perfect little Cayman cottage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom