Certified!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohiodiver

Registered
Reaction score
Just returned from our trip to Vortex Springs, where my wife and I received our OW certification. It was a great experience! There were very few people at the dive site during our trip there, and both days I believe I saw maybe one or two other people in the water during our dives (aside from our group). My wife had some difficulty in equalizing, and is still having some problems clearing one ear today - but other than that, no problems at all. The water was quite cold, but not cold enough to kill the fun of the trip! For those of you who have yet to get your certification, let me just say that all of the concerns and worries we had were unnecessary. We went through all of the skills without any issues.
After the skills were completed, on our final dive we did a "tour" of the springs. It was awesome - the first real diving experience so to speak. I've seen some folks limited excitement of Vortex on this board - but as a first time diver, it was beautiful!

As was the case throughout our confined water sessions, our instructor was extremely helpful and fun to dive with. Now, it's just a matter of finding excuses to get away more often to dive again! Safe to say, we are hooked, big time!

Congratulations to you and your wife and welcome to the wonderful underwater world!!

Hope you're not too hooked on the "pretty" water as there are some decent places to dive in Ohio and Ky.

Bravo, and welcome to the wonderful world of diving. May you get as many wonderful hours u/w as you want.... for some of us that's never enough :D

Glad to hear how well it went. Now, like jbd said, you have to discover the wonders of OH and KY diving.

Chad

Cheers to you! I dove Vortex the first week in March. It was my first dive since certification here in Illinois. I thought it was a great place for a newbie like me. I had so much fun. We had planned to dive the gulf but a front had moved through the night before and we had decided not to dive the rough water. Congratulations to you and I wish you many years of fun and safe diving. :sun:

Congratulations to you and your wife on your recent certification. Here’s to many years of safe diving for you both. Good Luck ………………….Arduous

Congratz to you both!!!!

Gee, a Cincinnati, Ohio diver just back from Vortex Springs in Panama City. I bet you got certified by the Anderson Township YMCA, right?

I was certified through them as well and did my checkouts at Vortex.

Drop me an e-mail at rickw@fuse.net and we can compare notes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom