Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son-in-law was not worried about the plague when it first hit, then he, my daughter, granddaughter, and two great-grandkids all came down with it before the vaccines came out. The toddlers weren't bothered by it really, but they still take a lot of care, and my ill daughter was complaining that the SIL needs to get out of bed and help. I wanted to go help, but that would have just made things worse when I went down. Finally, she loaded him up and drove to the hospital to drop him off near the admissions tent. I was very scared but helpless still. He got into a real room after a couple of days, got better a few days later, then finally got to come home. I started breathing easier finally.
Understandably stressful, but good that your family members ended up well.
The adults have since been jabbed thrice each, but I do wish they would stop acting like they're immune now.
You should show them the statistics! But really, from the numbers they should be quite good from serious issues if they had the virus and are all vaxxed up.
I am staying masked. 🎭
I was completely surprised by this statement:rofl3:

If you haven't watched Saturday Night Live skit from 2 nights ago you should. This is on topic.
I'm not going to slog though at all, but I have a recommendation for those who don't want to get vaccinated: You should shut up about it and stop trying to get others to go along with you. What you want is for the virus to go away without you having to get the jab, right? The best way for you to get that is for everyone else to get the vaccine; the more other people who get vaxxed, the better your chances of getting what you want.
Most were talking about mask use and transmission rates, not trying to convivence others to get or not to get a shot.

As far as the virus going away, I don't see that happening.
The point was about the difference in how many covid cases among our acquaintances.

I have hardly any friends, I thought that it was obvious.

<---< Gets those.
Point being is unless you are getting regular PCR tests you don’t know if you have it or are transmitting it.

Understandably stressful, but good that your family members ended up well.

You should show them the statistics! But really, from the numbers they should be quite good from serious issues if they had the virus and are all vaxxed up.

I was completely surprised by this statement:rofl3:

Most were talking about mask use and transmission rates, not trying to convivence others to get or not to get a shot.

As far as the virus going away, I don't see that happening.

I have hardly any friends, I thought that it was obvious.
Acquaintances, not friends. Don't set the bar too high!

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular or even necessarily those in here, and not just about the COVID vaccine, but antivaxxers in general. By trying to convince others to go along with them they are working against themselves.

I've been off line for three days and this thread has blown up again. I'm not going to slog though at all, but I have a recommendation for those who don't want to get vaccinated: You should shut up about it and stop trying to get others to go along with you. What you want is for the virus to go away without you having to get the jab, right? The best way for you to get that is for everyone else to get the vaccine; the more other people who get vaxxed, the better your chances of getting what you want.
😂😂😂 how bout no.

We are in Mexico. We had one person fly out Saturday and another couple leave today. One person went to a lab where they do a lot of different kinds of tests and they probed a lot deeper than he thought was necessary, he got his results after an hour. The couple went to a covid testing place. They lightly probed barely inside their noses and had the results in minutes. Guess which one we will go to when we fly?

We have had about fifty tests and I think it has to do with the person doing the swabbing here in Germany.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom