Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you click on the highlighted test kit?
I just did. Apparently you can order their double kit for $50, administer the test(s), and verify the results on line in 30 minutes.

I just did. Apparently you can order their double kit for $50, administer the test(s), and verify the results on line in 30 minutes.
I prefer the last test I had to get out of Mexico. I had the results and was back home 11 minutes before the paperwork said the test was completed.

I prefer the last test I had to get out of Mexico. I had the results and was back home 11 minutes before the paperwork said the test was completed.
I'd happily pay extra to test in my room to lightly swab myself and wait a few more minutes rather than go get my brain scraped.

Hopefully they will just stop testing before I go back in a couple months.

My daughter, her mom, and my granddaughter recently did home tests before a cruise with an agent watching on video. The agent had them hold up the negative tests one by one, but it could have been the same test results three times.

I'd happily pay extra to test in my room to lightly swab myself and wait a few more minutes rather than go get my brain scraped.

Hopefully they will just stop testing before I go back in a couple months.
You would not swab yourself as lightly as they swabbed me.

My daughter, her mom, and my granddaughter recently did home tests before a cruise with an agent watching on video. The agent had them hold up the negative tests one by one, but it could have been the same test results three times.

That sounds like the way to go, 3 for 1 test..

You would not swab yourself as lightly as they swabbed me.
I have had two tests in Cozumel and both acted like they needed to scrape a piece off.

Im sure I can swab lightly but hopefully they end this nonsense before I go back.

I read that SW thing. Buy like 2 kits for like 50 and then hope the Internet is good enough for a video call to have a lab tech make sure you are doing right.

Nah, I’ll pay 20 something for a one nostril test at International Hospital

Proctored home test like Abbot BinaxNow. Proctored meaning you establish a video web connection with the Abbot proctor they watch you open the test kit go step by step, take nasal swab, add reagent, wait 15 minutes and get result emailed to you. You can get them online from Optum Health, one test $50 (although they have been out of them), 2 pack for $70.

Of course you can get a test at a pharmacy or all over coz for $23 but if this makes sense to you you may do it.

Pros and cons to the proctored at-home tests. For the veterans who have been there and know the lay of the land, it's pretty easy to pop into a testing provider and get it done in less than an hour for $20-30. Or your resort may bring the testing to you. For the travelers newer and less familiar with Cozumel, it eases the burden of finding where to test, getting there when they are open, then hoping the results get emailed or returning to get them on paper. It might be helpful to know you already have your tests in hand and that you can do them on your own schedule.

Pros and cons to the proctored at-home tests. For the veterans who have been there and know the lay of the land, it's pretty easy to pop into a testing provider and get it done in less than an hour for $20-30. Or your resort may bring the testing to you. For the travelers newer and less familiar with Cozumel, it eases the burden of finding where to test, getting there when they are open, then hoping the results get emailed or returning to get them on paper. It might be helpful to know you already have your tests in hand and that you can do them on your own schedule.
Yeah, it seems like less trouble to just have it done on the island than go through the process of testing myself and dealing with the on line verification. Other places in the world it may be different but Cozumel is well set up for testing and reporting; the last time I was there a testing company came to the hotel and took care of the whole thing for about US$30 and it took 5 minutes. I'll probably do that again if testing is still a thing the next time I am there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom