Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have enjoyed not having a cold or flu during the safety period. I am staying masked!

I haven't had a cold or the flu for so many years I cannot remember the last time I had one. I also haven't had the Covid thingy either.
Luckily I live in a country ( Taiwan ) that has had less than 19,000 infections since January 2020 and nearly all of those were people who had travelled and were tested in quarantine. I don't need to wear a mask in the mountains where I live but do so in the city as it is required but soon mask mandates will be dropped here as well.

This is astounding. Most people I know have been fully vaccinated and boosted, but I know of only a few (5?) who have gotten covid, with almost no symptoms or problems. The only acquaintance I have who has had a problem was one lady with MS who is severely immunocompromised.

One of my clients in California told me all his staff were double or triple vaccinated and everyone of them got infected. They only found out as they tested all the staff. A lot of the staff never knew they had the virus although a few took a day off feeling ill.

I have not met anyone so far that has had covid but I suspect that may change when I travel to the Philippines and Bali this year.

MODERATORS!! Is it possible to get the politics out of this thread and just stick to the topic at the top?? There is way too much crap here irrelevant to the original posting. Short time ban a few if it does not improve! Thanks!
Don't tell us, unless you just want to rant. If you want the Mods to do something, use Report.

I've been off line for three days and this thread has blown up again. I'm not going to slog though at all, but I have a recommendation for those who don't want to get vaccinated: You should shut up about it and stop trying to get others to go along with you. What you want is for the virus to go away without you having to get the jab, right? The best way for you to get that is for everyone else to get the vaccine; the more other people who get vaxxed, the better your chances of getting what you want.

Are you actually conflating getting vaccinated with having gotten infected?
Being vaccinated doesn’t exclude a person from being infected. Certainly seems to lessen impact.
This is astounding. Most people I know have been fully vaccinated and boosted, but I know of only a few (5?) who have gotten covid, with almost no symptoms or problems. The only acquaintance I have who has had a problem was one lady with MS who is severely immunocompromised.
most fully vaxxed and boosted are asymptomatic.

Being vaccinated doesn’t exclude a person from being infected. Certainly seems to lessen impact.

most fully vaxxed and boosted are asymptomatic.
I think the point of the discussion was that I responded to this statement
Most people that I know have been vaxxed and many that know I have caught covid at least once and some twice.
with the statement that I know almost no one that had caught covid. The point was not about being vaccinated (both of felt that pretty much everyone we knew had been vaccinated) or being symptomatic or not. The point was about the difference in how many covid cases among our acquaintances.

I think the point of the discussion was that I responded to this statement

with the statement that I know almost no one that had caught covid. The point was not about being vaccinated (both of felt that pretty much everyone we knew had been vaccinated) or being symptomatic or not. The point was about the difference in how many covid cases among our acquaintances.
Point being is unless you are getting regular PCR tests you don’t know if you have it or are transmitting it.

Back
Top Bottom