Chat threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
*Advisor Post*​

It has come to our attention that these HH threads are in the wrong forum. Instead of Humor, the chat threads usually reside in Surface Interval. So, I am moving this thread to Surface Interval, with a re-direct for anyone that might come to Humor looking.

Yeah, I know. Thousands of posts and months later we finally figure it out. Duh...
Rick,

it seems that you missed a few chat threads in other forums.

Would you mind stating why some chat threads are moved to the Surface Interval and others remain in their own forums?

Rick,

Would you mind stating why some chat threads are moved to the Surface Interval and others remain in their own forums?

I asked a question very similar to this a while ago of a couple MODs and the response I got, was that threads in the Regional clubs are left up to the club to move or rename (assuming they are not out of line or in complete violation of the TOS). This may not still be the case, or I may have misunderstood, but it would make sense to allow the regional groups to have some input as to what should stay or go (not final say but at least input) IMO.

Like I say, this may have changed or been misunderstood.

HH will always be the same format no matter where it is placed so, that part is not a big deal.

The thing I like about it being in humor is how easily accessible it is for anyone on SB to see. IE you don't have to opt-in the SI to be a part of it. For that reason, I would hope they either keep it in Humor or move to OZ section.

Can I ask, why move it? It wasn't causing a problem, nor was its content enough of an adult nature requiring it to be in an opt-in area. It's rather ridiculous to my mind that "chat threads" have to be in a certain area anyway. And for that matter, many threads on this board could be termed chat threads because that's what we're doing, chatting about diving and all things in between. In that case why not have a new "forum", for those who like to chat yet don't want to join SI?

To my mind the whole concept of HH was for it to be an open and pleasant area to have a conversation, and particularly to welcome people to the board who would not otherwise have enjoyed a social interaction. But because it's been moved to SI, as Tiggrr stated, it is less accessible and could be missed by those new to the board.

I really don't see the point.

For those of you who don't remember, or those whom are newer to ScubaBoard, and may not know the history: The Surface Interval was created to house chat threads from the general board.

Welcome to the Surface Interval, where divers are free to chat about anything within the ToS and feel free to let the conversation drift from topic to topic, much the same as chatting aboard the dive boat in between dives. While the rules here are a little more relaxed than in the regular forums, we do ask that you keep the conversations friendly, and to keep in mind that we have people from different countries, cultures and temperaments here. Thank you. Not a member? Click to join!

Certain club areas have also been seen having their own chat threads, and we're inclined to not interfere with the club forums, as they all have their own "Group Leaders"

Thank you for your feedback, and for supporting ScubaBoard.com

For those of you who don't remember, or those whom are newer to ScubaBoard, and may not know the history: The Surface Interval was created to house chat threads from the general board.

Certain club areas have also been seen having their own chat threads, and we're inclined to not interfere with the club forums, as they all have their own "Group Leaders"

And as SB evolves, the rules change. There was a time when the Surface Interval didn't exist. Let that be known as the Dark Ages of SB. LOL

So, here is a new situation that perhaps can result in a new rule. How about 1 chat thread per forum or something of the like?

Rick,

Yeah, there's nothing more annoying than having some control freak come in and mess with your threads.:shakehead:

Surely we've moved on from those days and it's time to examine this again? SI is not always an option, and I rather think it's time for a change.

Surely we've moved on from those days and it's time to examine this again? SI is not always an option, and I rather think it's time for a change.

We'll take that into consideration. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom