Check Cozumel Port Status anytime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I update port status on my website only when there is a change - it is not a minute by minute or hour by hour update - it’s either open or closed .

I try to update it by 8:30 or 9:00am when there is a change but communicating with my crew and divers on these mornings and working out logistics is my priority and happens before I update my website (which can only be done from computer, not from my phone). Port closure mornings are chaotic and my divers are my priority.

FYI

Port was open this morning but closed at 10:15

I update port status on my website only when there is a change - it is not a minute by minute or hour by hour update - it’s either open or closed .

I try to update it by 8:30 or 9:00am when there is a change but communicating with my crew and divers on these mornings and working out logistics is my priority and happens before I update my website (which can only be done from computer, not from my phone). Port closure mornings are chaotic and my divers are my priority.
Good to know. Thanks. I suspected it was a widget that automatically updated from the port authority website but I'm guessing that is a pipe dream. Do they have a site where the info is available? Anywho, thanks for your continual efforts on the behalf of divers, both yours and those you've never met. Goodonya

Since Christi started posting the Port Open/Closed on her web site I just assumed that she changed it only when the port status changed so it's good to have that confirmed.

@Christi I and many others greatly appreciate you posting this information on your web site! Just one more good reason to dive with Blue XT Sea!

Good to know. Thanks. I suspected it was a widget that automatically updated from the port authority website but I'm guessing that is a pipe dream. Do they have a site where the info is available? Anywho, thanks for your continual efforts on the behalf of divers, both yours and those you've never met. Goodonya
Haha - yes a total pipe dream - we can't even get timely information from the port captain - let alone get them to put up a public website! SO my updates are manual and only once:
  1. We have received the OFFICIAL Harbor Master report each morning - which can be anywhere from 7:30am to 8:30am our time (Eastern right now)
  2. Only if it is a change in the status
  3. After I have communicated with my crew and divers and gotten my morning obligations to my own divers taken care of
  4. When I am at my computer - for some reason the widget won't let me update from my phone
So please allow me some grace when it's not updated as fast as you want it to be - it's a courtesy I provide as timely as I possible am able to. If you are on the island diving, your own dive op should be communicating with you, so you should not be relying on my update. If you're NOT on the island - then there is no urgency to knowing this information.

Port is open today! Suspecting it to close again Friday with cause - then smooth sailing starting the 22nd through the end of the year at least!

That's what I'm seeing too. I'll get there on Friday and start diving on Saturday, if good fortune befalls me.

The ferry crossing may be interesting on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom