Check Cozumel Port Status anytime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Find the El Pechugon and eat great rotisserie chicken (at least Google says there is one on the island).
Eat tacos and burritos--many choices
Eat at the many great restaurants..
Visit el Museo de Cozumel (their web site says it's closed for renovations :( )
Learn more Spanish by trying to find someone who's English is not better than my Spanish (not so easy to find).
Find the best deal on dive T-shirts (after the cruise ship people go back to their boats).
Get your picture taken in the Isla Cozumel sign in the park.
Watch the sunset.
Go visit the crocodiles at Punta Sur
Make new friends.

YES! Pechugon is wonderful - on the corner of Av 65 and Calle 11

The Museum is going to be AMAZING when it's finished and will definitely be an attraction you won't want to miss

Have your dive op set up Cenote dives or mainland dives for you

The water fountain show in the mai plaza is pretty neat - every night from 8:00 - 9:00 (it starts off lame, so be patient)

East side is beautiful on windy west side days

People watch at Puerta Maya cruise ship terminal/park

Women - GREAT mani's and Pedi's at KATU in Puerta Maya

Massage with Barefoot in Cozumel Massage: Barefoot in Cozumel

Discover Mexico

Planetarium

Rent bicycles and ride around the island

Go for a walk/run on the waterfront on either side of the island

Rent a Harley

Do a northside tour with Adrian Cozumel

I could continue, but this is a start...

Please list some things to do if diving is not available..

Out front of your beach chair...............
1. Find a smooth spot in the sand and draw a box with an arrow pointing down the beach
2. In the box write " Buried Treasure - 30 steps"
3. Sit back and watch.

Bonus points if you yell out half way " Take bigger steps "

Do a northside tour with Adrian Cozumel

Is that the Adrian who founded Especias? We first went to Especias when it shared ground floor space with a garage and Adrian was waiting tables himself.

Is that the Adrian who founded Especias? We first went to Especias when it shared ground floor space with a garage and Adrian was waiting tables himself.

Yes it is :)

What exactly does this tour encompass? Interested...

Punta Molas Adventure | Adrian Cozumel

Looks interesting!

But I suspect this tour is also out when the port is closed as Adrian takes you to the north side via boat.
From the website: "We will start our way back stopping at Rio de la Plata Lagoon, there we do a half a mile hike in knee deep water and venture to discover and ancient Mayan ruin, where you will learn and have the opportunity to visit a sound house."

Anyone know what a "sound house" is?

From the website: "We will start our way back stopping at Rio de la Plata Lagoon, there we do a half a mile hike in knee deep water and venture to discover and ancient Mayan ruin, where you will learn and have the opportunity to visit a sound house."

Anyone know what a "sound house" is?
From the same website: The Sound House | Adrian Cozumel

Cool. Way before there was a park down at the south end there was something that looked a lot like this beside the sand track that went to the Faro Celerain lighthouse. I assume it's still there.

There was also one like it on the mainland on the edge of the jungle that we could see from the water when we were fishing over there. Things are so built up over there now that I have no idea where it is or was.

Back
Top Bottom