Chicken of the Sea - A True Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sasquatch:
"Chicken of the Sea"

Reminds me sooooo much of other classic newbie bait we pulled in the Marines. Though you used quick wit to capitalize on a situation my favorite was to send a newbie over to supply for 50 yards of flight line and a gallon of prop wash...

Sea ya!

MOF #94

From my days with the carnie...that be the same as asking for a newbie to find the hubcap to the ferris wheel, or bring the glass hammer and rubber nails. Or the classic..the key to the midway.

Work in a steel fab shop. Large one story building on a concrete slab. Usually send new people all around to get the material stretcher from the basement and get the key to it from one of 6 or 7 different people. By the time they figure out there is no basement we usually send em to get two tr double e's from maintenance. They promptly give em the hand saw and point outside. In scouts we used to send for left handed smoke shifters cause the campfire was burning too far to the right.

When I was in the Army our mascot was a rubber chicken called stretch. Man he was a mischief maker and was always the cause of trouble.

I still remember the RSM balling him out for nicking beer from the Officers Field Mess.
Mind you that rubber chicken went everywhere and got more medals than anyone else in the troop and deserved them too.

When our unit was disbanded old Stretch retired with full military honours. Even tho me and my mate have been out of the Army for 6 years now he still goes out into the field with us every time. He is still a mischief maker however...

JimLap:
Work in a steel fab shop. Large one story building on a concrete slab. Usually send new people all around to get the material stretcher from the basement and get the key to it from one of 6 or 7 different people. By the time they figure out there is no basement we usually send em to get two tr double e's from maintenance. They promptly give em the hand saw and point outside. In scouts we used to send for left handed smoke shifters cause the campfire was burning too far to the right.

Yeh it's the plate stretcher in my shop or if were in the field and the crane is late we send em for the sky hook!:wink:

Thats the best story i've heard in awhile... Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom