Chiquimax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last time I was on her she was beginning to show some wear. It was small things like the fiber glass cracking where the roof mounts to the side of the boat and things like that. Maybe no big deal, just my observation.
She's pretty old. Hopefully the new owner will do some refurbishing.

I confirmed it with BA, Chiquimax has been sold. A simple business decision, not what it has been blown into.

They will replace her with what they hope will be a slightly larger boat.

Just a move forward, nothing to panic about.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to refurbish it?

That is why we have our own boatyard for overhauls and all fiberglass work which we redo every two or three years for each boat.

The attached photo is of the shop we have built to clean up/update our boats. Aldora I is 22 years old but will look like new when we pull her out. We have to do this about very three years.
IMG_2664.jpg

And the last I heard BA had not replaced the Chiquimax yet. Oh sure....they're going to replace her with a slightly bigger boat.

And the last I heard BA had not replaced the Chiquimax yet. Oh sure....they're going to replace her with a slightly bigger boat.
And you somehow know that this is not the case? Perhaps a business decision was made that renting works better for them than owning? What is it that you are implying?

Believe it or not, boats cost money! You don't have a clue as to what is going on behind the scenes at BA. I DO have a little insight into it ... They are working on it.

Back
Top Bottom