Citizen dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking at getting a citizen BJ2000-09E ecodrive aqualand dive watch but I dont trust rubber watch bands and was looking at an after market watch band like this:

Waterborne Safety Straps, Dive Watches, Innovative Scuba Concepts, Waterborne Safety Straps

does anyone know if these bands are any good or if they are compatible with that watch. If compatible what size band do I need, the 3/4" or 1".

Any reasons not to go with that watch? its a bit over my budget but I really like it. Thanks

I have had that watch for the last couple of years and love it. I have pretty much worn it every day during that time and the original rubber band isn't showing any wear at all. I have one of the Waterborn bands on my dive computer and have been pretty happy with it but it doesn't fit my drysuit. I just ordered one of the 17 in. long Zulu bands. Looks like the perfect thing.

It's not as much the rubber band itself that's the concern. It's the steel pins holding the band in place. With a standard watch band, if one pin breaks or pops out, you loose the watch.
Henrik
I have had the pins come out of watches and dive computers. Now I am very careful about the split push pins used to attached watches and the like. I never trust them and use a strap or other mount that will retain the object even of a pin comes loose.

Even the super duty pins of the dive watches or high end dive computers have this problem, only less so.

I Love my eco diver go for it all the way, no batteries, no sending out your watch and loosing it for months usually when you need it most. not to mention the battery change could end up costing more than the watch. Mine is made with titanium including wrist band, the wrist band also has a special feature it will expand an extra 3/4" for diving and retract to wear for dinner also the pins holding the band are not push pin they are screwed in. It's depth gauge is a good security just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom