Cleaning encrusted reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I am really new to this so do you have any links to more specific wrenches or "wall socket" you use? Like from Sears or Lowe's etc?
"Adjustable metric wrenches' can be found next to the snipe-hunting gear at any quality hardware store :D

I don't know why anyone would flame about using an adjustable wrench for the yoke nut, it works perfectly fine.

You'd be surprised what some people take so seriously.. I posted on the take thread about using a pony or not. I thought I had some humor in it but a couple took it seriously.

Ok, I am really new to this so do you have any links to more specific wrenches or "wall socket" you use? Like from Sears or Lowe's etc?

This would cover yoke nut. Then there is poppet part...

I am looking for the following to do (from the manual)

I got a 3/8 drive 1" socket from Sears and then ground the wall down to fit. You can't use the deep well, it must be standard size. You might even have to grind the wall of the 1/4" nutdriver a bit. As far as parts for the MK200, you should be able to get them at the same shop that you get the parts for the R190. They might have to order the kit for you tho. There's not that many floating around.

Got the shipment from ScubaTools.com I ordered yesterday. I used HP seat removal tool.

It looks like that HP seat in MX200 is 3.5 mm long and 4.65 mm in diameter. The closest HP seat I could find from LDS is 3.2mm long and 4.8 mm in diameter. Don't think this will work :( what are my options? Where can I get HP seat to fit?

I can get the (new) HP seat in it just seems a little short to me. I guess I could give it a try and see what IP will I end up with and perhaps adjust it on the other end of the piston.

MK 200. That is what it says on the reg. It looks like the one on the pic but I can't find anyone that can confirm the HP seat size.

Scubapro Repair Kit G200 M50/Adj New 11109040 + Poppet | eBay

iztok. The R109 has old sytle and new style poppets and springs. DO NOT MIX OLD AND NEW STYLES SPRING AND POPPET THE REG COULD FAIL WITH NO AIR! Someone did that to one of my R109's I caught it kitting up, no air! The LDS where I usually go to and should have in the first place found that the reason was a new style poppet with an old spring. The spring slipped and jammed the poppet closed!

Why are you pointing me to G200? My first stage is MK200 and second is R190. I have proper kits for R190 and I matched the o-rings of the 1st stage (sizing if you wish) but according to my measurements (and I took several) the HP seat at 3.2 mm is just little shorter than 3.5 mm one in the reg itself. It might or might not work we'll see.

This is more of a teaching how to work on regulators project for me but I want to be able to go dive the reg set when done (not as primary but at least I should be able to take it down and breath).

Snipe hunting, haven't done that in a long time:D

Back
Top Bottom