Climate Change Pays a Visit to the Caribbean and Coral Reefs Suffer? Do you believe t

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It always mystifies me how someone who denies oceans of evidence about something they don't want to believe in will then turn around and attribute everything that exists ... everything they do ... to some entity who they have absolutely no evidence exists ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Because God doesn't demand I turn over a 40% of my income for nonsense under threat of prison. GW isn't a matter of faith God is.

Well, I have to admit that this thread has been most illuminating to me. I honestly had no idea that the opposition to the consensus scientific views on global warming was based on the Christian notion that "God's in his heaven and all is right with the world." That explains a lot.

Bank can't require anything if you don't owe them anything. But I digress.

Point is, even if you think that climate change is not affected by man, don't you think that hedging your bets and taking care of the environment for future generations is a generally good idea. You know a bit like the fact that you think nothing is going to happen to your house but you still insure it just to be on the safe side.

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:46 AM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Well, I have to admit that this thread has been most illuminating to me. I honestly had no idea that the opposition to the consensus scientific views on global warming was based on the Christian notion that "God's in his heaven and all is right with the world." That explains a lot.

I thought it was based on the fact that the earth has been warming and cooling and warming again for 6 billion years long before we got here.

Last edited by a moderator:
(79 is a decent enough sample size for this niche academic subset).
Seriously? 79 is decent enough sample size???? WOW.

That's the fundamental problem with all this extrapolated 'science'. All global warming hysteria is based on a tiny sampling of something and a huge generalized projection of the data based on speculation.

One of many examples of the problem and what happens once somebody stops using computer models to project data and create false conclusions, and actually conducts field research.

"Sea Ice not melting but actually growing thanks to real world measurements replacing computer models and speculation."
Twenty-year-old computer models which have suggested serious ice loss in the eastern Antarctic have been compared with reality for the first time – and found to be wrong, so much so that it now appears that no ice is being lost at all.

Field data shows “steady state mass balance” on the eastern Antarctic coasts – ie, that no ice is being lost from the massive shelves there. The research is published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters.

So, the simple narrative from the paper is that scientists had thought that East Antarctica was losing huge amounts of ice, and this study shows that idea to be completely wrong.

A team of scientists have drilled holes through an Antarctic ice shelf, the Fimbul Ice Shelf, to gather the first direct measurements regarding melting of the shelf’s underside. A group of elephant seals, outfitted with sensors that measure salinity, temperature, and depth sensors added fundamental information to the scientists’ data set, which led the researchers to conclude that parts of eastern Antarctica are melting at significantly lower rates than current models predict.

The team is the first to provide direct, observational evidence, it turns out that past studies, which were based on computer models without any direct data for comparison or guidance, overestimate the water temperatures and extent of melting beneath the Fimbul Ice Shelf. This has led to the misconception, Hattermann said, that the ice shelf is losing mass at a faster rate than it is gaining mass, leading to an overall loss of mass. The model results were in contrast to the available data from satellite observations, which are supported by the new measurements.

Global warming is filled with way too much junk science without definitive research. Too many broad conclusions being drawn and take as facts by the media because it fits what they want to report, and fits in with the green religion of liberal apologists.

Because God doesn't demand I turn over a 40% of my income for nonsense under threat of prison. GW isn't a matter of faith God is.

I'm curious.

What is this 40% of which you speak for? Who is demanding it and what for?

---------- Post Merged at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

:rofl3:

You need to be careful, you'll be upsetting this bunch soon :blessing::angrymob:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Nigeria is the top producer of greenhouse gases.
If spam means greenhouse gases.. Definetly..

I'm curious.

What is this 40% of which you speak for? Who is demanding it and what for?

---------- Post Merged at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

:rofl3:

You need to be careful, you'll be upsetting this bunch soon :blessing::angrymob:

I speak of the combined taxes and fees I pay to the federal, state, and local govts. What else would it be? Do you get tokeep more than 60% of what you earn? If you do your taxes are too low.

Can someone explain how CO2 traps the sun's heat in the atm. but doesn't block the heat coming in from the sun?

Last edited:
If spam means greenhouse gases.. Definetly..
Well, the country is known for spam and scams, as well the most populated country in Africa, as a major supplier of oil to the US, a major recipient of US aid, violence, weak government, etc. I cannot find where I've read that they were the worst greenhouse contributor and my memory may be in error, but I did find this at: AFP: Nigeria, S.Africa worst greenhouse gas emitters in Africa: experts
(AFP) – Aug 23, 2008
ACCRA (AFP) — Nigeria and South Africa are the main emitters of greenhouse gases in Africa, accounting for almost 90 percent of the emissions in the continent, environmental experts said Saturday.
"Nigeria produces almost 45 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions in Africa from its gas flaring by oil firms in the Niger Delta while South Africa produces as much from industrial pollution," Stefan Cramer told AFP.
If it was important, I could search for other & more recent sites, but I guess that's enough for this discussion.

Nigeria is probably the worst anything only contested by somalia in certain areas..

Problem is that said oil companies is not likely to be nigerian though..

Back
Top Bottom