Cobalt 2 "bricked"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contacted Atomic today. Even though there seems to be a defect with the ac/usb charging adaptors, AtomicDOES NOT cover this part under their warranty

Contacted Atomic today. Even though there seems to be a defect with the ac/usb charging adaptors, AtomicDOES NOT cover this part under their warranty

guess now we know if huish takeover destroyed old Atomic customer service - answer equals very yes.

this is really bad for the cobalt b/c i think so many people took a chance on what was by reputation a well designed but sloppily manufactured computer thinking theyd have the Atomic service and support taking care of them. sounds like Atomic is taking care of parent company's investment first and cobalt owners distance second!

guess now we know if huish takeover destroyed old Atomic customer service - answer equals very yes.

this is really bad for the cobalt b/c i think so many people took a chance on what was by reputation a well designed but sloppily manufactured computer thinking theyd have the Atomic service and support taking care of them. sounds like Atomic is taking care of parent company's investment first and cobalt owners distance second!

I was taken aback. The first rep told me yes we could take care of you, let me check with the supervisor. He then came back and told me the warranty applies only to the computer.

I was taken aback. The first rep told me yes we could take care of you, let me check with the supervisor. He then came back and told me the warranty applies only to the computer.

Guess they haven't quite beaten the old customer service reflexes out of some of the front line employees yet, but sounds like the overseers know what's what.

Hi guys

To clarify this discussion regarding the power adapter. The warranty is not only the computer but would cover the entire unit including all working parts...This would cover the adapter. We have replaced a few of these as the soldering connection has sometimes come apart. We are happy to help and get this replaced under warranty. The warranty would not cover abuse or misuse but we will always side on the Consumer's side....This has always been the Atomic way and now is the Huish way. I feel that the person you had been speaking with was not familiar with Cobalt and did not put you in touch with the proper person.

Please give me a call, Ryan 714-656-2911, I am happy to speak with you and help to resolve the situation and get a new adapter. I will also communicate with our Customer Service team to clarify that the warranty is not just the unit but the whole system. My apologies for the misguided information and will work to get everyone on the same page.

Thanks everyone for bringing this to my attention! We do strive to grow everyday and need to build upon cases like these to make sure we are constantly learning.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Kenney
Customer Service Team Leader
Huish Outdoors/Atomic Aquatics

Big thank you to Ronr and Ryan from Atomic. They read this thread,took the time to correct the issue and send me a new adaptor. Thnx again

Hi guys

To clarify this discussion regarding the power adapter. The warranty is not only the computer but would cover the entire unit including all working parts...This would cover the adapter. We have replaced a few of these as the soldering connection has sometimes come apart. We are happy to help and get this replaced under warranty. The warranty would not cover abuse or misuse but we will always side on the Consumer's side....This has always been the Atomic way and now is the Huish way. I feel that the person you had been speaking with was not familiar with Cobalt and did not put you in touch with the proper person.

Please give me a call, Ryan 714-656-2911, I am happy to speak with you and help to resolve the situation and get a new adapter. I will also communicate with our Customer Service team to clarify that the warranty is not just the unit but the whole system. My apologies for the misguided information and will work to get everyone on the same page.

Thanks everyone for bringing this to my attention! We do strive to grow everyday and need to build upon cases like these to make sure we are constantly learning.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Kenney
Customer Service Team Leader
Huish Outdoors/Atomic Aquatics

I don't roll with Atomic, (except I did have a pair of old Atomic skis that I loved) but this is the way to handle your $hit!! Good job Ryan and company! If I ever decide to switch, Atomic will be on the short list. I have a buddy who loves them!!

Received the adaptor yesterday, thnx

Received the adaptor yesterday, thnx
That's what happens when you throw them on blast to the only people who would purchase their product. It's not like a shoe company or a a TV company. Everyone needs shoes and everyone wants a TV, but only scuba divers need or want dive computers. Might should make sure they take care of that limited customer base. I was thinking of purchasing a Z3 regulator friday. That Apeks XTX50 sure is starting to sound good. Had you not blasted them here...you would still be SOL after their own rep told you otherwise.

Last edited:
... Had you not blasted them here...you would still be SOL after their own rep told you otherwise.

I’ll say that in eight years now working alongside Atomic that’s not been my experience. Deeper Thoughts got caught in a phone system that didn’t let him reach the right people, which was unfortunate miscommunication. But I jumped in because I know that’s not how Atomic operates. I’ve seen them, many times, go far beyond what would be considered normal or even exceptional good service to fix problems for customers. I think if you read threads here an elsewhere you will find the same thing.

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom