Color of your fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverlady:
I'm guessing ber rabbit and I would get along famously!!
That depends....do you carry a knife sharp enough to shave with?

Big-t-2538:
That depends....do you carry a knife sharp enough to shave with?

Two actually. And snips. (one has a pink sheath, the other a pink handle :D ). I can't validate the "sharp enough to shave with" statement though.

Diverlady

Mine are blue, (both pairs) for no apparent reason whatsoever. When I was in the Bahamas, however, I was attacked viciously by a spawning pair of Sgt Majors, who apparently thought I was a big blue fish that was threatening their eggs, cause they bit and poinked and basically tried to shred my fins. It was extremely amusing.
(and yes, I backed off as not to disturb their amour).
I have to wonder if they would have done the same if my fins were pink or black?

Bio-fins fins are blue to match all my other gear.

My 7mm wetsuit is blue and red (think Captain America) and my BC is black with blue sections. Both masks are blue. Three snorkels are blue. Warm water gloves are blue. Hose covering is blue. Weight belt and hard weights are blue. Both Mesh dive gear bags are blue. PADI C-cards and Scubapro Warrantee cards are blue. Clips for console rettractors (biners) are blue. One tank, Coil lanyard, extra coil and snips are blue. I have blue chem lights.

The other tanks are silver and black (one of each), and three dive lights are yellow, but no one is perfect.

Yeah, I got the blues, and yeah, people remember me.

Wristshot

SCUBAMedicBill:
I dive with my son, so when we dive we both wear one yellow and one blue. It just makes it easy to pick each other out.

That's the coolest thing I've heard on this board all week! Now all I have to do is order an identical pair of vortec's in another color...

Walter:
...I'm less likely to have my fins picked up by mistake.

Anyone who picks up my Jetfins from a pile is in for a bit of a surprise. They're size M - probably the smallest Jetfins you'll ever see! I know some people who can't even get their HANDS into the pockets! :D

FreeFloat:
Anyone who picks up my Jetfins from a pile is in for a bit of a surprise. They're size M - probably the smallest Jetfins you'll ever see! I know some people who can't even get their HANDS into the pockets! :D

Erm, they'd fit me just fine - even though none of your other gear would, except maybe your boots! I wear M jets too and need thick socks inside the size 6 boots to make them fit at all, grrr. (Someone definitely ordered the wrong size feet for someone of my height but I can't find the receipt...)

Beware of size-related fin complacency! Some nice divers from Florida got a bit frozen on a dive I did with them out of Thunder Bay this past June and nearly made off with my fins - size M jets with CAT on the bottoms... (They were using Ls and XLs) They were SURE they didn't have them (i knew *someone* did because I had put them on the dock from the boat minutes earlier) but after i made them unpack their gear... there were my fins, stashed away with their own, larger pairs, tsk. I think they must have been narced still... :rolleyes:

Hijack - I understand my "crazy chick diving wet in ridiculously cold SW Ontario water" title now belongs to you. Congratulations! With it comes a great responsibility - you have to make the drysuit divers cringe and shiver looking at you (extra points if they are Doppler's students :wink: ) Go get em, girl!

My Atomic splits are yellow because I like the color.
My Jets are black just because.

Back
Top Bottom