Color of your fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Jets because they look old school cool and currently lovin' my Liquid Blue, Atomic Liquid Blue's

My Twin Jets are grey simply because it is a neutral color and I didn't know what color my gear was going to be when I started diving.

My buddies jokingly call me a "commando" because my gear is in stealth colors. My dive lights and accessories that may be dropped when in use are yellow, though. That way I have a better chance of seeing them if they get dropped.

My 3mm wetsuit that I use for "points south" is black with navy blue accents as that is the only color that Henderson marketed that Hyperstretch jumpsuit in.

My drysuit is what can be seen in my profile.

The twin jets are grey with "rust colored accents" from crawling around the Niagra II and the Grecian (not to mention those tubes at Gilboa). A few captains that see them comment something like "another wreck diver, eh!" Those "accents" tend to allow me to pick them out of a pile, LOL.

cat:
Hijack - I understand my "crazy chick diving wet in ridiculously cold SW Ontario water" title now belongs to you. Congratulations! With it comes a great responsibility - you have to make the drysuit divers cringe and shiver looking at you (extra points if they are Doppler's students :wink: ) Go get em, girl!

Why thank you cat, I will endeavor to be worthy of such an honor.
Actually the cringing has already started... who the heck does multiple dives in 34° water anyways?????? (More importantly, who is willing to buddy with a wetsuit diver who does...)

Back to your regularly scheduled thread:

cat:
Erm, they'd fit me just fine - even though none of your other gear would, except maybe your boots! I wear M jets too and need thick socks inside the size 6 boots to make them fit at all, grrr.
I don't know about that, my boots are a mens' size 4.

Bob3:
Most (about 10-12 pairs) are black, got 2 pr yellow, & maybe 5 - 6 pairs that are blue & 1 pr green.
That's what colors they came in, or the bargain presented itself in.

Bob,

Clearly you need more fins!

FreeFloat:
Why thank you cat, I will endeavor to be worthy of such an honor.
Actually the cringing has already started... who the heck does multiple dives in 34° water anyways?????? (More importantly, who is willing to buddy with a wetsuit diver who does...)

Back to your regularly scheduled thread:

I don't know about that, my boots are a mens' size 4.

Ahem.... :chillin6:

:sorry19z: Of course warren_l, I didn't forget you :happy:

But you were only in the water for one dive with me that day........ so unfortunately I can't call you 'cold-water nutty' yet........

FreeFloat:
:sorry19z: Of course warren_l, I didn't forget you :happy:

But you were only in the water for one dive with me that day........ so unfortunately I can't call you 'cold-water nutty' yet........

True, but I was in the pool with an open water class Saturday most of the day, then met up with you and Aaron for a night dive, then in the pool again Sunday for a double session with two open water classes. If I had the time, I very well might have. :jump3:

All gear is black

>> Actually, in the mid to late 80's Jets were available in pink, baby blue and yellow as well as black. I've recently seen two pair of yellow ones in use. <<

Walter,

Any idea where I could get a pair of the colored jets? I've been combing ebay for months now.

BTW, pink is new to me.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom