Coming soon to your iPad: dive Planner and Logger: dPlogger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As you might know, we recently released a FREE iPhone App for Dive Computers Training that allows to see our online classes in a native iPhone environment...:
DCT_iphone_ad_160x160_3.png

We liked so much working with the iOs tools / environment that we decided to jump right away into another nice App for the iPad ... the dPlogger (Dive Planner and Logger) :wink: .... I know .. the name is so and so .... any suggestion?

You can use the dPlogger to draw your own dive profile and then analyze it. If you like it you can save/log it for future use.

Here a preview:

dplogger_1.jpg

Comments?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Last edited:
I may be dense, but if your app isn't using the same algorithm as my PDC, what's the value? Also, all those tissue loading values don't mean much to the rec diver (I don't think.) Where's the depth/time scale on your "drawing" of a proposed profile. Does this "drawing" of a proposed profile help me in the dive planning process better than the tables or my PDC? :idk:

For logging dives on the iPad, there are apps for that.

I may be dense, but if your app isn't using the same algorithm as my PDC, what's the value? ........
To show a student how a dive computer works?

... Also, all those tissue loading values don't mean much to the rec diver .....
See above. In the final version the numbers will be replaced by bars ... and ... screen will show whatever dive computer you want to use in real life (as long as we have it in the simulator)

..... Where's the depth/time scale on your "drawing" of a proposed profile. .....
Is there somewhere .... but barely readable. In the final version it will be much more clear

..... Does this "drawing" of a proposed profile help me in the dive planning process better than the tables or my PDC? ....
Probably yes. Instead of giving to the PDC and/or table a square profile (max depth and max time) to plan your dive, you will be able to use a more precise dive profile. If you couple this with the ability to use a dive profile of a real dive site (generated with our simulator) then the dive profile could be quite realistic.
Of course, for liability issues, we do NOT intend this tool to be used to plan REAL dives .....

..... For logging dives on the iPad, there are apps for that.
So?
Cars come in colors other then gray too :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It looks pretty interesting to me. Forgive me for being dense, but if you are giving the App away for free, what is the upside for you guys?

That looks really nice! You wrote earlier that the app will eventually be able to show the display of a dive computer - will it be possible to compare the behavior of different computers for a given profile?

It looks pretty interesting to me. Forgive me for being dense, but if you are giving the App away for free, what is the upside for you guys?
and who said that this new dPlogger app is free?

In our well defined business plan for this app :blinking: we .... haven't figured out yet what we are going to do with it when this App is ready.
Actually. I just checked ... and I haven't even written a biz plan for this App :D

I think that right now we are just having some fun putting it together.

As mentioned in an earlier post I see this new App being somehow linked to our simulator in terms of being able to use the assets of the various simulated dive computers we have already developed (almost 50 now) and use the 3D maps with have in the sim and/or the dive profiles users can generate with the sim.

From a "product" point of view most likely we will have several implementations: from a basic (free) one with limited functionality (air only, depth limited, can't save a dive profile, .... ) to the top of the line (not free) for CCR (constant PO2, gradient factors, VPM, ...)

And finally, to address your question ("...what is the upside for you guys"), I see this App as a way to entice users to check out our scuba diving simulator and take our online classes for model-specific dive computers.

I guess you are making me write the biz plan :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

That looks really nice!
Thank You

You wrote earlier that the app will eventually be able to show the display of a dive computer - will it be possible to compare the behavior of different computers for a given profile?
I don't know yet ......
Right now we are using our own implementation of the ZH-L16C for all dive computers (as we do in our scuba diving simulator) and we have a plan to add VPM (sometime this year).

We are discussing with some manufacturers the possibility to implement in our sim and App their own algorithms ... it is their decision :popcorn:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom