• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Comments and Questions, if you have them I want them

Discussion in 'Desert Star Systems' started by TwistedGray, Apr 7, 2008.

1. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I am curious to know what can be improved and what you dislike/like about our Divetracker Sports/Scouts.

They've not really been changed in the last 16ish years they've been on the market...we found some things that worked and stuck with it. Various other companies tried and tried again, but always failed. We're not going anywhere :eyebrow:

2. gr8white

gr8white Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    We've used the scout on boat dives. It worked really well in locating us back to the vicinity of the boat. We still rely on nav skills but it is always a nice backup for those times when you are where you think you should be but....not quite. Saves time not having to surface and swim to the mislocated boat :11:. I've had a few issues with correct readings when the kelp forest are between us and the boat.

3. TwistedGray

I just received this "review" Monday from a very recent customer

4. TwistedGray

Thanks for your comments :) Will wait until I hear back on how much you like/dislike the Sport.

5. bmchugh

bmchugh Solo Diver

I just got my Scout today. I installed the batteries and the transmitter apears to start and function. The receiver light light up and flash indicating it is in self test mode even when the magnet is away from the unit. The blinking does not change with the transmitter on or off. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Brian McHugh
    San Diego

6. TwistedGray

I am not too sure what you are experiencing but if you can send it back we'll have a look at it. I believe we talked via email earlier so I'll let you know what we find out.

7. bmchugh

bmchugh Solo Diver

Got my Scout back today. Seems to be working fine, I'll be trying it out in the water in the next weekend. Thank you for the quick response and return.

8. TwistedGray

No problem at all :coffee:

9. bmchugh

bmchugh Solo Diver

Tried the system out yesterday. Worked well, I was able to get in the general area of the boat at the end of each dive, very little surface swim required.

10. TwistedGray

Are you putting the transmitter off the side of the boat or on the anchor line?

If you can, tie it off to the anchor line then you won't need to surface swim at all, just ascend. :popcorn: