compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Suunto sk7. You can leave it in it's strap for awhile and deal with the bungies later. It is a very forgiving compass, and will read correctly with even a great degree of tilt. I have a whole box of compasses...this is a good one!

oceanic makes a compass, a wrist mount, and a console mount(3hole) and they are all interchangable for the dive you want to do. I love mine. call your lds or online if they are too distant

Bflem55:
Im looking at buying a wrist compass online and it seems that none of them have the wrist strap do they just not show the wrist strap in the picture or are they hard to find sorry I am a newbie

Manufacturers of these things are generally miles behind the curve. They think they know what divers want but what they make is often made (a) either for the casual diver with a gadget fetish or (b) made so the manufacturer can produce it cheaply.

What *you* need to do is what hoards of thinking divers who came before you did.... Buy the nearest thing you can find to what you want..... and modify it .... :)

Slowly some products are getting modernized but the process is still pretty painful.

R..

Here's a photo of another Berkeley diver (Henry Kaiser in Antarctica) with his instrument gauntlet (it's from a LiquidVision advert):

Cool Picture. I also like he is diving with a Sherwood Optimus.

ams511:
Cool Picture. I also like he is diving with a Sherwood Optimus.
I don't think that's personal choice, I think that's what the NSF Dive Locker at McMurdo has.

Just got my new Suunto SK7 wrist mount compass yesterday from LP. I love it! I have used several other models and like this one the Suunto the best. It does not have to be completely level to work. It can be tipped up to 30 degrees and still work which is nice with you are floating around in the water on the move to be able to have that margin.

Got my own little version of the Wonder Woman thing going on with my special bracelets, compass on one wrist and computer on the other. LOL

Back
Top Bottom