Computer choices- different from St. Lawrence to Carribean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a vytech.... love it...... I also have analog backup for pressure/depth etc.

love my vytech for everything rec and when I get into tech I will use guage mode..... any time I do a rec dive I will be using my vytech cause it is a great tool. No substitute for knowledge though. combine knowledge with tools and you get great results...

I would think the best combination/bang for your buck for everything would be the Uwatec/OMS with a sensus pro for profile downloading, and a walmart timex $5 each watch for stopwatch.
...if any dive gear manufacturers are reading this it would be nice to have something that can do all of that in one.:wink:

Air_Miser:
So I'm planning on buying a computer this year, and a lot of the discussion the Computer forum is centred around diving down south, ie once every 6 months spending a week on a live-aboard, and I'm wondering what thoughts people have on the difference between that and diving up here; i.e. a few dives every week in the St. Lawrence, and how this would affect choice in computers.

Specifically....I'm leaning towards the Suunto Vyper. The main negative comment that seems to come up is that the Suunto's are too conservative, so that by the end of 4 days of diving 4-5 dives a day every day, your allowable bottom time is much lower than non-Suunto computers.

My take is that this is a non-issue for 99.99% of my diving, but I'm curious to hear what other Locals have to say.

Thanks in advance for comments/thoughts.

Matt.
I would recommend the Suunto Vytec AI. It gives you a lot of options.

Had a great time diving with our Suunto Vytec and Uwatec wrist Air Z Nitrox- AI Computers in Cozumel. We also backed up with analog depth and pressure gauge. We just did a week of diving and had not problem with the Suunto being too conservative...we believe in safety and do all the 15 foot Safety stop the Vytec requires plus a little more. Did good SIT between dives and we had no problems at all. We were able to dive as much as we wanted.

Get the Suunto Vytec and if later you want the AI you can get it than.

Have fun diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom