Conditions at Jocassee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coriga,

So how do you like your Pinnacle Polar 7mm? I have one I just got right before I left Reno, NV and dove with it. It is a real warm suit the water temp there was like 42 at 100ft and I was pretty warm. Until I got out of the water to take the suit of it just about droze to me the outside temp was like 28. I wish at that point I had dove with my drysuit but wanted to check out the new wet suite.

GADriver:
Coriga,

So how do you like your Pinnacle Polar 7mm? I have one I just got right before I left Reno, NV and dove with it. It is a real warm suit the water temp there was like 42 at 100ft and I was pretty warm. Until I got out of the water to take the suit of it just about droze to me the outside temp was like 28. I wish at that point I had dove with my drysuit but wanted to check out the new wet suite.

I love it GADiver. I came out of Jocossee Warm. I was raving about it at one of my LDS' that they are going to start carrying pinnacle suits. Definately could dive through the winter/fall months with it here. I got such a good deal on a used one from a member on this forum I couldn't resist. Saved me quite a bit of money while I'm saving up for a drysuit for next year.

On another note to keep this thread on pace, you should come out and dive Jocossee with us all one of these days. It lies 140 miles from Atlanta, and is a nice blue water lake. Pretty decent viz too (25'), I was really suprised.

Matt

Alright whose up for a snow dive on Sunday?
Snow showers developing in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the upper teens.
If some of you guys want to come down from Atlanta you can take your time even sleep late we can do the dive in the afternoon.
I would like to do a 140-150' dive. But I will do what ever you feel comfortable with. But once your in the water the temps don't drop much the deeper you go. Maybe 10 degs at most.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom