Conestoga Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As if this Tues the fence was still up. Water is still high and it looks like the fence will not come down until the water level drops.

Guess I'm taking my divers to Canteen Park. Oh well.....

We might try a drift from the Wee Hawk, all the way passed the Connie, to the furthest place we can park our cars. which I'm guessing is somewhere between the Legion building and the grassy area before the road narrows?

Where exactly is it fenced off?

Thanks.

No this weekend your not, closed for boat races.

Guess I'm taking my divers to Canteen Park. Oh well.....
Where exactly is it fenced off?

Centeen Park's shore diving is closed off July 1st and 2nd for hydroplane races.

As for the Connie, the parking lot at the Legion is open but that's it. The fence blocks the road before you even get to the play structures. You can walk around the fence just fine but no cars. It was a few weeks go now since I've been there but I doubt the fence has moved. From what I understand water levels have been going up and down by maybe 6" to 12" as they keep opening/closing various dams.

On the plus side I have heard of groups doing the Wee Hawk to Connie drift, they just had to endure a longer walk. I wish I could join you for that drift, I've been itching to do it this year but have other things keeping me from the river.

IMG_1923.JPG

Last edited:
Well this sucks in many ways! Canteen park was our backup if the Connie was still blocked off.

Where the hell else am I going to get a class doing a drift dive and a night dive!?!?!

You can still do the drift at the Connie. You just need to start at the Wee Hawk, drift the lock and canal, over the wash into the river, to the Connie and instead of spending any time there just continue to drift and get out around the legion. If you don't spend any extra time on the Connie you should be able to get to the legion on an 80cf tank even with the students not having great air consumption. You will need to set up a car shuttle however it saves the hike back up to the top of the canal.
For the night dive you might want to try the Rothesay on the west end of Prescott.

Hey John,

That's exactly how we've got it planned. We've done the Connie drift from the Wee Hawk many times, just have to plan on that extra drift to the Legion!!

(on Google maps its an extra 850m !! I was surprised)

After you drift over the Connie, move out into the river a bit to pick up faster current. Your group can always climb out early if one of them gets low on air and then walk the rest.

I am guessing this is still blocked off??

There is full access now to the Connie. Over the long weekend we dove it from the road, and the next day drifting from Lock 28 (Wee Hawk) to the Connie.
Conditions were great! Water temps about 65F, and current seemed to be same as last year (1-2 knots)
There is still a fence up but it just restricts access to the very end of the road where its still a bit soft. But the rest of the road in from the Legion to the "parking" area and the change hut was in pretty good shape.

Sorry I didn't get this news out earlier, but I just got back.

Back
Top Bottom