Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....I might be being pedantic here but the hose routing is not the same. In the 14 and 20 the HP hose will rout above the inflator hose and on the 21, SE, SE2, SE3 and 22 you can have the HP hose under the inflator hose (a little neater). Yes, the meat of the 1st stage is identical in all these models the only variation is the finish, number, size and spacing of the ports.

Yeah, to me that is close enough to call it the same. Whatever floats your boat though, or sinks your submarine. :D Plus, you had excellent word usage.

Last edited:
I bid on and got ($34) a very clean, on the outside SE2. I am having my LDS look at it now and do whatever it needs. I like the amount of ports and the better arrangement of the LP's than my Conshelf XII. It looks like it will take the same tune up kit as my Conshelf XII?

Yuppers, they all take the same kit pretty much. The titan/legend kit works as well. It's pretty much the same HP seat (minus the seat material) as the Royal Aqua Master from the 60's.

My LDS does not want to service my Conshelf 21 which is my back up. They want to sell me a new rig. Any suggestions for a good mail in service shop?

Any shop that can get aqua lung parts should be able to easily do an overhaul. They are very simple regs to work on. It is also quite easy to overhaul them yourself.

My LDS does not want to service my Conshelf 21 which is my back up. They want to sell me a new rig. Any suggestions for a good mail in service shop?

If you are not comfortable repairing your own gear, then find a friend or a teach who is. I sell parts kits for this family of regulators on:

Vintage Double Hose

I do not encourage people who do not know regulators to repair their own. If you are anywhere near Georgia I would always do it for you.

Any shop that can get aqua lung parts should be able to easily do an overhaul. They are very simple regs to work on. It is also quite easy to overhaul them yourself.

I have thought about doing the overhaul myself, as I have the kits, but what do you do about re-setting the pressure in the stage one? Is it just a matter of screwing in or out the big screw that can take a quarter to screw it where it is just short of free flow? And of course you have to use this new crystal lube on the internal "O" rings which they are charging too much for on eBay.

Last edited:
Yuppers, they all take the same kit pretty much. The titan/legend kit works as well. It's pretty much the same HP seat (minus the seat material) as the Royal Aqua Master from the 60's.
Is your shop an Aqualung dealer? If not look around for one that is.

Is your shop an Aqualung dealer? If not look around for one that is.

Why would I need a dealer? I can assemble all the parts minus the HP seats myself, and the seats I can get from Bryan.

Now I have, I think a really interesting question besides the huge price, what is the advantage to the newer Aqualung regs like the LEDGEND or the AquaLung TITAN LX 2008 or Aqualung XTX 200 Status Regulator or Aqualung XTX 50 Status Regulator. I am not diving in fridgid cold water if that is the reason for them. I read where some have a battery that will tell you when you need to replace the parts in it. Are they really different and worth $350 to $500?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom