Cool Trim weight idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermasterB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I heard a cool idea for trim weights yesterday.

Pick up some grenades from an army surplus store and melt/fill them with lead. You could even take off the top and put an anchor for a clip in there.

neat idea but now days i your seen in public they probally hual you in to the station for a few days just to talk about that idea:boom: :upset:

I guess you never saw the lead weights that were sold in stores about 15yrs ago moulded into the shape of a grenade. They were plastic coated.

...you try to cross the border with them, or forget and leave one in your dive bag and run it through the machine at the airport. I BET you'll miss your plane!!!!

Considering todays antiterrorist bent (and rightfully so) to do something like that would be just plain irresponsible, and border and stupid...

frankenmuth_tom once bubbled...
...you try to cross the border with them, or forget and leave one in your dive bag and run it through the machine at the airport. I BET you'll miss your plane!!!!

Considering todays antiterrorist bent (and rightfully so) to do something like that would be just plain irresponsible, and border and stupid...

Did I say I was going to travel with them?

To travel with lead weights would be stupid!

divermasterB once bubbled...
I heard a cool idea for trim weights yesterday.

Pick up some grenades from an army surplus store and melt/fill them with lead. You could even take off the top and put an anchor for a clip in there.

My dive buddy has a friend that is really into WWII items, guns, grenades, planes etc. So I can understand your satisfaction with such a find. I think everyone, myself included, just want to give you a heads up on the hassle, these things could create.

With the warnings about terrorists in the water, best to avoid being close to any harbors, bridges, cargo ships, airplanes, airports, or coast guard officials. . .:boom:

Have fun with your new find.
:tease: :joke:

Could just imagine what the local ploice will think when they see that?

Just try and travel with them.

Cool Idea, just not practical after 911.

Mike...:wacko:

Diver Mike once bubbled...
Could just imagine what the local ploice will think when they see that?

Just try and travel with them.

Cool Idea, just not practical after 911.

Mike...:wacko:

I absolutely cannot believe the level of overreaction to this one. Sorry guys but you need to get your noses out of the puter and realize that not everyone is that caught up in the 911 thing.

Live your lives, be safe, watch out for the other man, and move on.

BTW: I melted down the lead the other night, and made these things. Pretty good. I will post a picture when I get a chance.

divermasterB once bubbled...
I absolutely cannot believe the level of overreaction to this one. Sorry guys but you need to get your noses out of the puter and realize that not everyone is that caught up in the 911 thing.
Er, I can.

I guess you never heard the terror alert put out about terrorists potentially seeking scuba training for attacks on shipping and underwater infrastructure? I'd like to see the looks you get coming out of the water ANYWHERE in the world with what looks like hand grenades on your person. God help you if there happened to be someone with a cellphone and half a brain nearby. Or a cop.

As a couple of other posters alluded to - neat idea 15 years ago. Not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom