Cost of Tamiflu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in the between age. And am a teacher- HS. I normally do not get sick even though I am exposed to a lot of germs. I normally get one good chest cold a year. And I have never had a flu vaccine. Plus I lived and traveled in Africa and had every vaccine you need to live there and had malaria- several times.
But the worst infections I have had is when I traveled out of state. So I thought Tamiflu was an added precaution to not ruin the vacation I really need.

Better than asking the price...what's the shelf life???

Shelf life is 4 years.

At this point, I am not so concerned about Cozumel or any particular location but, rather, about traveling to and from destinations in tightly enclosed spaces such as airplanes.

I bought a box of Tamiflu ($100 or so for 10 pills) as a precaution (i.e. peace of mind) before going to Europe last May as I happen to live in the NYC area which happened to be epicenter of the US outbreak.

On the other hand, while a certain amount of precaution is a good thing, H1N1 is certainly not going to stop me from going to Cozumel in a month.

My health insurance policy covered most of the cost of the 2 packs of Tamiflu that I got for myself and my wife. I got it as a precaution because we were headed to Cozumel on May 2, and that was before much was known about the scope and severity of this outbreak.

We had a great trip, BTW, and I do not for a moment regret tossing caution to the winds and going to Mexico. Friends were somewhat incredulous that we were going, but at that point there were confirmed cases in San Antonio, 65 miles away. I was actually running away from it. :cool2:

Shelf life is 4 years.

At this point, I am not so concerned about Cozumel or any particular location but, rather, about traveling to and from destinations in tightly enclosed spaces such as airplanes.

I bought a box of Tamiflu ($100 or so for 10 pills) as a precaution (i.e. peace of mind) before going to Europe last May as I happen to live in the NYC area which happened to be epicenter of the US outbreak.

On the other hand, while a certain amount of precaution is a good thing, H1N1 is certainly not going to stop me from going to Cozumel in a month.

One of the lead software devs at work came down with the flu a couple days before I was going to MX. With swine H1N1 being the predominant (~80%) of flu cases now, its somewhat likely that he and the rest of his family had it. I avoided going to a dinner party at his house right before I flew down here -- but not because I was particularly worried about SwineFlu(tm), but just because I didn't want to get sick right before vacation...

We had a great trip, BTW, and I do not for a moment regret tossing caution to the winds and going to Mexico. Friends were somewhat incredulous that we were going, but at that point there were confirmed cases in San Antonio, 65 miles away. I was actually running away from it. :cool2:

You should of seen how we were treated landing in Roatan in early May.
You'd think we were coming in with the Bubonic Plague.:shocked2:
That and the civil unrest :angrymob: made for an interesting trip.

You should of seen how we were treated landing in Roatan in early May.
You'd think we were coming in with the Bubonic Plague.:shocked2:
That and the civil unrest :angrymob: made for an interesting trip.
I don't know about the Honduran political problems, but in the Cozumel airport when we arrived, we were met by a squad of bemasked health workers who took everyone's temperature and had us all fill out health questionnaires asking about flu symptoms. We had to go through the same stuff when we left, too.

I had no problem with it.

I don't know about the Honduran political problems, but in the Cozumel airport when we arrived, we were met by a squad of bemasked health workers who took everyone's temperature and had us all fill out health questionnaires asking about flu symptoms. We had to go through the same stuff when we left, too.

I had no problem with it.

We had the questionnaire, but they didn't take our temps...

Back
Top Bottom