Cousteau Films?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes you are right to be cautious and for your safety and convenience if required I will offer these dvds via ebay / ebid / qxl with payment any method you prefer but for your peace of mind you can pay via paypal (this offers buyer protection / money back if not happy) You will then see that I have a 100% rating of over 150 transactions and have been a member for 3 years. I am a new member to this forum and on searching for my dvd title realised that people in the US havent got access to it. Feel free to contact me and if / when someone from scubaboard gets a copy from myself I will kindly ask them to post a review of the film on here, which will obviously put peoples mind at rest and hopefully get this film seen by more people. This film has only just become available on dvd and probably myself like other on here have fond memories of watching Cousteau when we were younger and perhaps he is responsible for some of us getting into Diiving, if you still feel this is too much of a risk then you are probably as cautious as myself but I am a genuine seller and diver and would, like to get some copies out for review asap.

james
orangeslemons@hotmail.com

Cool. But even if its region-free, it would be PAL format, ya? I'm not sure, but I don't think folks in the US have multi-system TVs, so they still might not be able to play that thing.

But I have one, and am interested.

Cheers, Tim

If anyone has a PAL version, I will convert it to NTSC (American standard) for you at no charge. Just PM me. DVD or VHS.

Reading all these messages I agree it is unfortunate we don't have the old Cousteau flick available in North America...wondering if anyone has seen "world without sun" on 8 mm or 16 mm film anywhere, or if they knew where to purchase it...for Orangelemon, do you have "world without sun" as well or only "silent world?" is that only on dvd?

thanks
james

If anyone still seeking these I have just got a few more copies in, they are PAL Region 2 dvds but you can easily convert to NTSC (if your system cant support PAL) via nero or any video editing suite, had many many North American dive students and ebay customers get copies of this or Cousteau's other films from myself in recent months and Im always amazed at how grateful you are about this movie, I believe a lot of people were shown this movie at college / high school ? and it has made as much as an impression on them as it did on me :)

James

If anyone is interested in the Cousteau dvds, I Have found a simple way to convert these PAL Dvds to NTSC (US standard) and have now been shipping these to the divers in the US for quite some time via ebay (ebay username is dreams_of_santa_ana).

Some have multi-region setups that do not need the dvds converting but if you need them converting it is a simple process

James

Speaking of Cousteau's Video Tapes...does anyone know what the title of film where the Cousteau Society is in Paupa New Guinea? The one particular episode is where they are diving with killer whales in Paupa New Guinea. That's the one I am trying to find.

Lock Washer

There are Paupa New Guinea episodes on the Pacific Explorations Box Set. There were several episodes filmed in PNG and there are three episodes in the box set. You can get it at amazon or countless other retailers. It is one of three box sets available in the US.

Amazon.com: Jacques Cousteau - Pacific Explorations: DVD: Joe Thompson (III),Jack Kaufman

Amazon.com: The Jacques Cousteau Odyssey - The Complete Series: DVD: Jacques Cousteau Odyssey

Amazon.com: Jacques Cousteau - River Explorations: DVD: Joe Thompson (III),Jack Kaufman

-Ryan

The Silent World. We played it at our LDS and someone did the "mystery Science Theater" version. Turned off the audio (in French) and ad-libbed. Hilarious, especially the scooter scene and when they blew up the reef to gather stuff and drained the life & water out of a puffer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom