Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would requirements be the same as returning from Mexico? It’s considered a domestic destination.

I’m now looking at USVI too as an option.

Let us know how that works out.

The best solution would be for the airlines to require passengers wear n95 masks versus relying on a test that has a number of flaws.

Why would requirements be the same as returning from Mexico? It’s considered a domestic destination.

That's an interesting point. U.S. holdings such as Puerto Rico, the U.S.V.I. Guam, which technically part of the U.S., aren't states could be viewed as 'abroad.' A few years back when flying back from St. Croix, at the St. Croix airport I had to go through Customs with our bags as though I were coming to the U.S. from another country (I didn't know that, and someone came to get one of us at the departure gate to go back and do this; hurried and stressful, but blessedly it got done and I made the flight).

But presumably flights from Hawaii and Alaska will be treated as domestic?

I think you've missed the point. The virus is mutating (this is what virus' do) and the current mutations are more transmissible than when the virus was first detected. This measure, while not perfect, will reduce the chance of a new even more transmissible or virulent strain coming 'onshore'.
Yes, this is what viruses do. And with that many active cases in the USA, chances are higher that a more dangerous virus will emerge inside the country, not that someone will bring it it.

The best solution would be for the airlines to require passengers wear n95 masks versus relying on a test that has a number of flaws.
And once home, follow the precautions they should be following anyway regardless of any test result.

That's an interesting point. U.S. holdings such as Puerto Rico, the U.S.V.I. Guam, which technically part of the U.S., aren't states could be viewed as 'abroad.' A few years back when flying back from St. Croix, at the St. Croix airport I had to go through Customs with our bags as though I were coming to the U.S. from another country (I didn't know that, and someone came to get one of us at the departure gate to go back and do this; hurried and stressful, but blessedly it got done and I made the flight).

Interesting. I only really started looking into USVI today. I though it said right on their gov website that no passports or customs were required for US citizens... Anyway, I saw a requirement for test results upon entry, but couldn’t find anything on the exit requirements.

Interesting. I only really started looking into USVI today. I though it said right on their gov website that no passports or customs were required for US citizens... Anyway, I saw a requirement for test results upon entry, but couldn’t find anything on the exit requirements.

The entry test alone should indicate that travel to a US territory is simply not the same as traveling to another state.

The entry test alone should indicate that travel to a US territory is simply not the same as traveling to another state.

Right. That’s why I’m trying to find out what are the differences. And that’s why when you wrote “will be subject to the same requirements as returning from Mexico” I asked why, but you chose not to answer.

Although I believe that it has changed a couple of years ago. But it used to be the same of the US oversea territories had different more open visa requirements than the United States itself. I believe most of those programs have ended except the for the Northern Marianas Islands.

Right. That’s why I’m trying to find out what are the differences. And that’s why when you wrote “will be subject to the same requirements as returning from Mexico” I asked why, but you chose not to answer.

Perhaps I should have said "may be" not "will be". I only know that these territories have autonomous governments and it isn't the same as crossing from Texas to Oklahoma.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom