Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those can't be the only places on the island, right? my local friend is saying she has a place for $30 for the PCR test.

Sure she does..... the same test too.....

there's multiple kinds of tests - I've seen prices at CMC from 600 - 2800 pesos, 600 doesn't get you the PCR test described

CDC seems to only require the antigen test.

This is going to be a **** show at the airport for departing flights starting on the 26th. Anyone who sets up a rapid test on the sidewalk next to Diego's Tacos is going to make a fortune.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-13 at 14.20.17.jpeg

Costamed is going to have to shorten the R.Maya test time. 72hrs is cutting it way to close. It sure wouldn't make for a fun last day checking your phone like every 30 seconds to see if you can go home. It would make a lot more sense to test on arrival. Sense to the flying pubic anyway. These tests are more designed to stop people from traveling.

I got up at 3am today to book my award flights home for Jan 1 2022. wonder how that one is going to work out?

These tests are more designed to stop people from traveling.

That is exactly what they are designed to do.

I got up at 3am today to book my award flights home for Jan 1 2022. wonder how that one is going to work out?

50/50 IMO, I said it before I doubt that this virus is going to go away, we already have what a half a dozen different strains, some are worse than the original strain. I doubt we are ever going to get rid of this virus, it is going to whackamole like we play with the flu. How quickly governments realize that it is never going to go away and is willing to give up the extraordinary powers that they've granted themselves will vary.

...we already have what a half a dozen different strains, some are worse than the original strain. I doubt we are ever going to get rid of this virus, it is going to whackamole like we play with the flu.
FWIW the first results of an in vitro study by Pfizer indicate that the vaccine is effective on the new strains.

An In Vitro Study Shows Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Elicits Antibodies that Neutralize SARS-CoV-2 with a Mutation Associated with Rapid Transmission | Pfizer

The COVID vaccine is a different type from those used for the flu.

LDS near me just canceled their trip for early Feb. Fourteen divers. Apparently this announcement scared them off.

There is a guy on Melgar that used to sell Cubans, he can get you a test.
One of our co-travellers on the Mexico trip we are starting on Friday suggested as much. Sounds good to me.

Hi,

As a person that does analytical testing for a living (though NOT covid tests), do give some consideration to false positives. Both of the tests discussed have a false positive rate and one is worse than the other.

Do give some consideration what your contingency plan will be if you get a positive.
Three friends of ours recently were travelling to a country that required covid testing. They all tested positive with no symptoms. Took the test again and all tested negative. Maybe the day of the week?

Back
Top Bottom