Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it has a 98.8% survival rate for people under 70. Your more likely to die in a car accident on your way to the airport. I want to live intelligently, not in fear.

You miss my point. I'm not questioning the survival rate. Nor am I advising against travel. To each their own.

I was talking about the potential "financial nightmare" outcome. Getting a positive test result and hanging out in a hotel room for two weeks will cost less than a ventilator in a hospital bed for the same period. That's all.

Current scientific thinking is that you can still be infective, even though the vaccine prevents you from being sick.
Is that true? I have only heard that we don't know for sure one way or the other.

I'm sorry this isn't really an answer, just conjecture, but I'd guess a negative test would be evidence of recovery. I don't suppose you can say "I'm now asymptomatic. I feel fine. Fully recovered." :(

I may have found my answer. From the CDC website... COVID-19 and Your Health

If you have had a positive viral test in the past 3 months, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with documentation of your positive viral test results and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel.

If you have had a positive viral test in the past 3 months, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with documentation of your positive viral test results and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel.

I would make sure that I confirmed that before traveling. The people checking docs in foreign countries may not be that well informed.

This is good info! I have more questions ...

If I have antibodies, but never had a positive test (i.e., I donate blood and they say I have antibodies), legalistically I won't qualify for the above criterion.

What if I get both doses of the vaccine at least a month prior to travel (so I'm 100% immune)? I assume I'm still considered to be a possible carrier so I still would need the PCR test. Frankly, that 'science' is beyond my understanding. If I can't get it (or at least the purpose of the vaccine is so I can't get it) how would I transmit it? My non-sciencey brain says "you can't give what you don't have" - but virus molecules don't follow that logic? Anyone care to explain that? (Maybe that's for a different thread?)

you might want to get the antibody test. If you have positive IGG antibodies you are likely to have immunity for at least 3 months and probably 8 months.

can i quarantine on a livaboard for two weeks?

What if I get both doses of the vaccine at least a month prior to travel (so I'm 100% immune)?

Not sure why you think that you're 100% immune? Two vaccines being administered in the US are about 94% effective.

This is good info! I have more questions ...

If I have antibodies, but never had a positive test (i.e., I donate blood and they say I have antibodies), legalistically I won't qualify for the above criterion.

What if I get both doses of the vaccine at least a month prior to travel (so I'm 100% immune)? I assume I'm still considered to be a possible carrier so I still would need the PCR test. Frankly, that 'science' is beyond my understanding. If I can't get it (or at least the purpose of the vaccine is so I can't get it) how would I transmit it? My non-sciencey brain says "you can't give what you don't have" - but virus molecules don't follow that logic? Anyone care to explain that? (Maybe that's for a different thread?)
Logic does not apply; only data does. The data is not there yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom