Coz this afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Good day!

My son and I are wanting to do some afternoon dives over the next few days. Most of the dive ops that I have spoken with require 4 divers for afternoon trips. Since there are only 2 of us, I was curious if anyone in Coz now wants to go do some afternoon diving.

Thanks for considering the option.

If you know of an operation conducting afternoon dives or willing to take 2 divers, please let me know.

Good day!

My son and I are wanting to do some afternoon dives over the next few days. Most of the dive ops that I have spoken with require 4 divers for afternoon trips. Since there are only 2 of us, I was curious if anyone in Coz now wants to go do some afternoon diving.

If you know of an operation conducting afternoon dives or willing to take 2 divers, please let me know.
Are you there now? The NHC places the disturbance that will likely go tropical very soon right on top of Cozumel this morning. Maybe you should wait a day or so until the weather improves.

We will be here for several days so we are hoping to get in some afternoon diving.
Thank you for your reply.

We will be here for several days so we are hoping to get in some afternoon diving.
Thank you for your reply.
What's the weather like now? The satellite photo looks pretty bad. Windguru shows unfavorable wind direction tomorrow afternoon through Sunday morning, though wind speed Sunday is pretty low.

Weather right now is great. We did shore entries through small rollers yesterday and last night. I would be comfortable taking a 3 year old or my 88 year old grandmother right now, though it can change quickly.

20220602_091930.jpg

Good day!

Try ProDive based in Allegro and also Occidental, or Punta Sur Divers. We're en route so will be diving Coz tomorrow!

Try ProDive based in Allegro and also Occidental, or Punta Sur Divers. We're en route so will be diving Coz tomorrow!
If you guys hear of an afternoon trip with a good outfit, please let me know.
Have fun! Maybe we'll see ya here.

We may extend this leg a few days.

Tres Pelicanos will typically schedule an afternoon dive with two persons who schedule a day or more in advance or three or more on the day of. The difference being with two the trip is a money loser but with at least a day in advance they can put it on the schedule and possibly get a few more folks to make it economically viable. When I am on the island often I will be asked if I can fill out a boat to make it worthwhile.
dive@trespelicanos.com

I remember the time that I ignored the experts at NHC even tho a Cat-5 storm had been tracking across the Caribbean all week headed at the island. I went anyway, then finally chickened out and booked my escape. There were people arriving at the hotel the night before I left, and we talked. Their response was "What hurricane?"

This one hasn't been named or renamed (she was Agatha in the Pacific) yet, but the NHC is giving her an 80% chance of becoming Alex.

1654182681319.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom