Coz this afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember the time that I ignored the experts at NHC even tho a Cat-5 storm had been tracking across the Caribbean all week headed at the island. I went anyway, then finally chickened out and booked my escape. There were people arriving at the hotel the night before I left, and we talked. Their response was "What hurricane?"

This one hasn't been named or renamed (she was Agatha in the Pacific) yet, but the NHC is giving her an 80% chance of becoming Alex.

View attachment 726084

Screenshot_20220602-101722.jpg

Blob of weather is slowly moving NE. Winds from the SW and W over the next couple days may be an issue but velocity may not be enough to cause a port closure.

Well, I am already here and the gear is already wet. If I can't find a boat that's running, I guess we will shore dive, I will cave dive, or we will play ping pong and drink mojitos.

It appears to be a glancing blow. I am optimistic that the inside will have diveable spots. :)

I remember the time that I ignored the experts at NHC even tho a Cat-5 storm had been tracking across the Caribbean all week headed at the island. I went anyway, then finally chickened out and booked my escape. There were people arriving at the hotel the night before I left, and we talked. Their response was "What hurricane?"

This one hasn't been named or renamed (she was Agatha in the Pacific) yet, but the NHC is giving her an 80% chance of becoming Alex.

View attachment 726084
Don, you are still active here almost 20 years later.
Hope life is treating you well!

Tres Pelicanos will typically schedule an afternoon dive with two persons who schedule a day or more in advance or three or more on the day of. The difference being with two the trip is a money loser but with at least a day in advance they can put it on the schedule and possibly get a few more folks to make it economically viable. When I am on the island often I will be asked if I can fill out a boat to make it worthwhile.
dive@trespelicanos.com
I think TP has changed that recently to 3 divers scheduled in advance. From my recent invoice…

MORNING BOATS ALWAYS GO OUT (but we do book full) and we guarantee to take out 3 divers that PRE-BOOK their dives for other times (afternoon, twilight 2 tanks)

Pre-booking gives us time to ADVERTISE to our other divers already here and possibly add to the group.

If one or 2 divers would want an afternoon dive (twilight or night dive) – we would schedule it as IF AVAILABLE – however if no other divers sign up – it would be canceled – you of course are not charged.

Thank you all. I spoke with Alex at Jungle Divers and she was quick to accommodate us. We are doing the twilight/night 2 tanker today.
Weather is the nicest I have seen in a week.
Winds have turned, pushing some sargassum towards coz today.
Off to turn money into bubbles with my oldest child. Enjoy!

Thank you all. I spoke with Alex at Jungle Divers and she was quick to accommodate us. We are doing the twilight/night 2 tanker today.
Weather is the nicest I have seen in a week.
Winds have turned, pushing some sargassum towards coz today.
Off to turn money into bubbles with my oldest child. Enjoy!
Diving with your kid is great. My wife and I had several years of it before she grew up and got her own life.

Two great dives, flat seas, grilled chicken on shore interval, my son is super-stoked, Jungle Divers are wonderful folks and knowledgeable skilled divers..
This tropical depression is terrible. Nobody should be diving. :)

Looking forward to our 9am start to another great experience, weather permitting.

This tropical depression is terrible. Nobody should be diving.
It seems to have missed the island altho the chance of rain is up. He may punish Florida in time.

It seems to have missed the island altho the chance of rain is up. He may punish Florida in time.
Enjoyed 2 more great dives this morning. There was a little bump on the water on the way out, nothing of consequence, and I probably got a little sunburn.
All in all, was a great day.

It did sprinkle for almost 5 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom