Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the 27-April noon update:
Code:
                                 Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases                 603  ->  650
     Social Isolation                 205  ->  225
     Hospitalized                     140  ->  156
     Recovered                        179  ->  184
     Deaths                            79  ->   85
Q Roo Tests pending                    66  ->  124

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases                   19  ->   19
     Recovered                          7  ->    7
     Deaths                             4  ->    4
Data from SESA Quintana Roo on Twitter

I've seen some chatter that the non-QRoo plated vehicle prohibition won't be applied in Cozumel, but I haven't found anything official. This seems odd as this is a state mandate, and there are state police on the island. What does seem certain is that we are running out of beer: Cancun, Riviera Maya stores running out of beer after breweries temporarily halt production - Riviera Maya News
% wise, that’s pretty ugly!

From the 28-April noon update:
Code:
                                 Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases                 650  ->  697
     Social Isolation                 225  ->  144
     Hospitalized                     156  ->  150
     Recovered                        184  ->  312
     Deaths                            85  ->   91
Q Roo Tests pending                   124  ->  166

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases                   19  ->   22
     Recovered                          7  ->   11
     Deaths                             4  ->    6
Data from SESA Quintana Roo on Twitter
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

State Police Chief is threatening stronger actions against people out unnecessarily. It remains to be seen if and/or how that will translate to Cozumel.

I have been pessimistic about a vaccine, but it seems that they have one from Oxford that was 100% effective on some monkeys and they are starting human trials. Oxford vaccine effective in monkeys, heading for mass production in India In case it works and safely, the company mentioned there has already preparing to start mass producing. Actually there are 100 potential Covid-19 candidate vaccines, five others ready for human trials.

If they announce successes over there and start shipping vials here, who wants to be the first to try it here?

I have been pessimistic about a vaccine, but it seems that they have one from Oxford that was 100% effective on some monkeys and they are starting human trials. Oxford vaccine effective in monkeys, heading for mass production in India In case it works and safely, the company mentioned there has already preparing to start mass producing. Actually there are 100 potential Covid-19 candidate vaccines, five others ready for human trials.

If they announce successes over there and start shipping vials here, who wants to be the first to try it here?
Not I, but you guys go ahead. :D

Not I, but you guys go ahead. :D
Everyone living in my immediate family is over 65 and several have severe health issues. I think we'd all be happy to be round two.

Sure, a rush-job vaccine, with manufacturing outsourced to India, then quite likely followed up with mandated global inoculations.........yeah, what could go wrong ? :eek:

"Attention: if you or someone you know is experiencing a wide array of mental and physical side effects due to the barely tested and rapidly produced Corona vaccine, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Dial 1-800-Mo-Money for your free consultation." :banghead:

manufacturing outsourced to India
That's not at all uncommon. I've never been there so I have no first hand knowledge of the country and tend to see it as less developed, but it is the leading vaccine producer in the world. Shipping here will require FDA approval of course.

But then, this bug mutates like other viruses, so at best it won't be a cureall.

But then, this bug mutates like other viruses, so at best it won't be a cureall.

Given my understanding of flu vaccines,(specifically, their mutability) it won't be a cure AT ALL. It'll be yet another excuse to inject us with whatever they've been so hell-bent on injecting us with, for years now. While visiting a relative in the hospital, numerous times in the last few years, I noticed that they almost constantly had a nurse making the rounds, offering free flu vaccinations, to any and everyone that would accept it. Once I stopped her and asked a few simple,reasonable questions, concerning some of the well known concerns with these vaccinations, from negative side effects, to the fact that whatever they were made to combat, has long since mutated into another variant, making the vaccine virtually useless. Well, damned if she didn't sheepishly nod her head in agreement with every single point !!!!!
And she was at a loss to explain the huge campaign to get us all injected, but given the reality that they are, I've predicted for years that they were eventually going to come up with an excuse to force everyone to accept their injections, which predictably usually got me dismissive pats on the head for being a "paranoid conspiracy buff". Yet, here we are, quite likely on the thresh hold of exactly that. Forced,mandated, vaccinations. And most people are happy to get in line, because 'the experts' have such a stellar history of integrity and accuracy. (sarcasm off).

Once I stopped her and asked a few simple,reasonable questions, concerning some of the well known concerns with these vaccinations, from negative side effects, to the fact that whatever they were made to combat, has long since mutated into another variant, making the vaccine virtually useless. Well, damned if she didn't sheepishly nod her head in agreement with every single point !!!!!
Several of us argued about the flu vaccine all winter on another forum. I don't know how qualified she was to answer your concerns, but...

Negative side effects are rare.

Flu vaccinations even tho not 100% effective do certainly help with those who get it, helping to slow the spread.

Even when the vaccine doesn't fit the strain, it still helps.​

I am glad that I got my smallpox and polio vaccinations before you conspiracy nuts got on the internet.

Don, admittedly, lots of loony conspiracy theories abound, but the reality is, that conspiracies themselves are one of the fundamental threads running through all of human history.
Any time there is or ever has been significant money and/or power at stake, there are power players working discretely behind the scenes to manipulate events to their benefit. This has been universally true, from small town politics, to national and international levels. That isn't a theory, or paranoia, it's the provable, demonstrable reality of how things work on planet earth.

Back
Top Bottom