Cozumel current conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivyleaguediver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello all, I will be making my second visit to Cozumel next week (the week of Columbus Day) and will be staying at Scuba Club. I was wondering what the current water temps and air temps are running so I can have an idea what gear to bring. The first time I was there was April so have no idea what it would be in October. Hope it will be nice and warm.

This won't be much help unfortunately, as I can't tell you anything about current conditions, but my daughter and I dove there in October last year, and are heading down again on the 10th. Last year we got along just fine with 2.5mm shorties. Again, FWIW only, have fun.

It is nice and warm. I don't know the air temp but it's hot during the day -- summer hot. Very comfortable for me at night, which I guess puts it in the 70's. Water is still warm, reports are fairly consistent at around 83F and divers are using shorties or only wearing their bathing suits.

The last three days my computer has said 84 degrees even at depth. Baracuda and San Juan were out of this world today. Current was down from normal and was really great. First Lion Fish encounter for us in Cozumel waters. DM attempted to separate it from life as it knows it but it was just too fast and current too strong on Barracuda. Tried for almost 7 minutes. The fish won this time.

I'm in Coz now! Water is really warm. Between the 3 guys on the boat, are computers were reading 86F. I'm not wearing a wetsuit and haven't been cold at all. The current was mild yesterday on the 2 dives I did.

I was on the boat with Steve yesterday and today, and my computer has been reading 85 and 86 for all 8 dives. The current have been great, and the weather is warm an beautiful.

I've been to Coz in October several times. I have always gotten a mix of weather. Some sun, some clouds, some rain. I've never had an all day rain. You make the best of it, which is not hard to do. The island has been VERY quiet in October. All most too much, I recommend going out to eat earlier than normal, some of the restaurants close earlier that time of year.

Have fun.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom