Cozumel February 2018 Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I mistakenly called the thumbnail below the seahorse a pipehorse. It's actually a pipefish.

Understood. Thanks for the clarification. Any recommendations for gently and humanely drawing out a splendid toadfish? Very interesting creature outside of its den from the videos I’ve seen.

I guess this is one “technique”, but appears rather unpleasant. Don’t forget the Bactine!

Last edited:
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. Any recommendations for gently and humanely drawing out a splendid toadfish? Very interesting creature outside of its den from the videos I’ve seen.

I guess this is one “technique”, but appears rather unpleasant. Don’t forget the Bactine!
I have seen them respond to those plastic fish lures with all the soft, dangly bits. Until they figure out that it's not real.

I'd like to see a video of that guy trying that with a Green Moray. Personal, I enjoy having to two functional hands.

Oh no. :facepalm:It’s already cost me a new Gopro 6. Now he will want professional editing software!

If you haven't already, check out Da Vince Resolve. Pro software, free*, and runs on Windows, Mac, or Linux.

DaVinci Resolve | Blackmagic Design

* The free version is only missing the studio-level features that a single, home editor wouldn't even need. The Studio version is $$$$$.

Very nice video. You sure have the eye! I just got back from Cozumel, and your video is like I remember it - only better and with more wildlife!

I also recommend Resolve, especially if you have a good Nvidia graphics card and SSD drives. The studio version is down to $300, which is probably worth it for the noise reduction. Blackmagic just came out with a new version today. While professional tools give you more control, someone with your talent can use about anything and make it look and sound good! Keep the videos coming!

Very nice video. You sure have the eye! I just got back from Cozumel, and your video is like I remember it - only better and with more wildlife!

Thank you. We are humbled by all the compliments and likes we have received. On the surface it may appear we saw more wildlife than you, but we were also underwater for more than 24 hours on this last trip. It’s nice to have “too much” eagle ray video to choose from for a six minute video.

I checked out the video software you guys recommended and it looks amazing, but unfortunately I have to learn how to use our new GoPro 6 before tackling something that in-depth. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom