Cozumel February 2018 Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice job with the editing and flow of your video. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it! My wife and I will be in Cozumel in a week and a half. We are counting the days. Thank you for sharing and nicely done.
I have to agree that Eric has done a wonderful job and I just ordered him a Gopro 6 as added encouragement. :)

GoPro Hero 4, dual arm tray, Backscatter flip filter and two inexpensive Evolva video lights. Video was edited using iMovie.

Did you use the filter for distant subjects and lights for close-up? I have had a Hero 4 and Flip4 filters for a few years, used it once and decided downloading and editing took too much time--at least on my ancient computer. Recently had second thoughts and bought lights. Still haven't used the lights. Backscatter's website mentions that contrary to conventional wisdom, using lights and filter together can be beneficial. Now I'm completely confused.

Currently I am using the Backscatter 20 to 50 feet flip filter for everything underwater including night dives. I’m sure the video at deeper depths would be improved with the 50 to 90 feet filter, but I have forgotten to change filters in the past. I use two video lights attached to a dual grip tray for near field objects and night dives only. One of our lights flooded on the first day of diving, so what you see in the video was shot with a single light. I was surprised the night video turned out as well as it did. I am certainly no expert, but this video is just as we recorded it with no color correction. Hope this helps!

A picture of this little GoPro rig can be found here:

Cozumel divers - what camera are you using these days?

Last edited:
I think that was the best Coz video I have seen. Beautiful!

I think that was the best Coz video I have seen. Beautiful!
Oh no. :facepalm:It’s already cost me a new Gopro 6. Now he will want professional editing software!

Last edited:
Oh no. :facepalm:It’s already cost me a new Gopro 6. Now he will want professional editing software!
Why would he want to change anything?????

Superb video. Really well done. Thanks!

One thing I have learned in 40+ yrs of diving is that the equipment is largely irrelevant with regard to video quality. The person holding the camera is the key component and you’ve got it!

Last edited:
Why would he want to change anything?????

Superb video. Really well done. Thanks!

One thing I have learned in 40+ yrs of diving is that the equipment is largely irrelevant with regard to video quality. The person holding the camera is the key component and you’ve got it!
I was just kidding. Although the new Gopro is real. Hmmm. Maybe its not too late to cancel the order?

I was just kidding. Although the new Gopro is real. Hmmm. Maybe its not too late to cancel the order?

I discovered this after giving my (then) 12 yr old daughter a cheap Sony cam. She took amazing video that I could never do in a zillion years. Now she’s a web dev and graphic designer.

Not only is your video footage wonderful but the editing is excellent too. I look fwd to seeing the results with the new GP6!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom