Cozumel in November 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11/23-11/30 Staying at the Iberostar and diving with Dive Paradise..

We are coming with a large group ( 40+ ) of local divers.. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK IN THE WATER!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the board but have been stalking for quite some time now.

I'll be in CZM 11/28 and 11/30 with my novice diving daughter (mid 20's and very cute!) and looking for a dive buddy. She just completed her open water cert and wants to dive Coz for 2 days. She plans a few more pool dives (we are land-locked) before we arrive in Coz but feels very uncomfortable about diving with an unknown dive buddy in Coz as there was an incident with her first day open water diving with an irresponsible buddy that abandoned her.

Is anyone interested in adopting my daughter for a dive buddy for two days so that she may fulfill her dream of diving Cozumel? Special requirements would include patience and responsibility.

While there I think a refresher course would be good for her the first day but she still needs a reliable buddy and we're not sure which dive club to choose. She has her heart set on this but I don't want to bring a dead daughter back home from vacation!

My husband and I will be staying and diving with Blue Angel Nov 27-Dec 2. They are very good with novice divers. If need be the DM can be her dive buddy. Too bad our 25 year old single, handsome, clinical pharmacist son can't come with us on this trip- I'd imagine he would love adopt your daughter :D! Jean in MO

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the board but have been stalking for quite some time now.

I'll be in CZM 11/28 and 11/30 with my novice diving daughter (mid 20's and very cute!) and looking for a dive buddy. She just completed her open water cert and wants to dive Coz for 2 days. She plans a few more pool dives (we are land-locked) before we arrive in Coz but feels very uncomfortable about diving with an unknown dive buddy in Coz as there was an incident with her first day open water diving with an irresponsible buddy that abandoned her.

Is anyone interested in adopting my daughter for a dive buddy for two days so that she may fulfill her dream of diving Cozumel? Special requirements would include patience and responsibility.

While there I think a refresher course would be good for her the first day but she still needs a reliable buddy and we're not sure which dive club to choose. She has her heart set on this but I don't want to bring a dead daughter back home from vacation!

If you could get it past my wife....:no:

For 2 days if all else fails you might want to look into a private DM for her. Won't be that expensive for just a couple of days and may be a great experience for her in those first dives of her diving career and set the tone for the long haul.

For 2 days if all else fails you might want to look into a private DM for her. Won't be that expensive for just a couple of days and may be a great experience for her in those first dives of her diving career and set the tone for the long haul.

That's a great idea! I ended up diving with DMs for buddies early in my diving career, and it helped make me a good diver...
Second the private DM motion.

My husband and I will be staying and diving with Blue Angel Nov 27-Dec 2. They are very good with novice divers. If need be the DM can be her dive buddy. Too bad our 25 year old single, handsome, clinical pharmacist son can't come with us on this trip- I'd imagine he would love adopt your daughter :D! Jean in MO
haha I imagine he would! Thanks for the tip, will definitely check out Blue Angel. Hopefully they cater to small groups.

Yes, I want her to have a great dive experience while we are there as her first open water day was horrible and she was apprehensive about returning the following day. She did return, and did a great job.

That's a great idea! I ended up diving with DMs for buddies early in my diving career, and it helped make me a good diver...
Second the private DM motion.

That is a great idea!

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies.

I don't have any sailing skills, but I am very adept at hanging out on a boat and sharing a good time...
I'll be on SB, too.

Judy - Thanks! I knew the map info was about, I just didn't know it myself. Didn't realize CP was so close to the Villa... Cool!

Choco, we'll be neighbors! (You might be interested to know that choco means hot in Mayan, if I am not mistaken)

The reason I ask about the sailing is your Mark Twian quote in your signature.

Sure do wish November 20th would hurry up and get here.

haha I imagine he would! Thanks for the tip, will definitely check out Blue Angel. Hopefully they cater to small groups.

Yes, I want her to have a great dive experience while we are there as her first open water day was horrible and she was apprehensive about returning the following day. She did return, and did a great job.

That is a great idea!

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies.

Matt, a DM with Blue Angel, is very good with novice divers. I went with a friend this past June who completed her open water certification with him and she really enjoyed her experience. He is originally from Chicago, so a fellow midwestener!
Jean in MO

Matt, a DM with Blue Angel, is very good with novice divers. I went with a friend this past June who completed her open water certification with him and she really enjoyed her experience. He is originally from Chicago, so a fellow midwestener!
Jean in MO
Tnx Jean! will certainly look up Matt. Awesome, they have a toll free number!

pfft. i can't post url's

Back
Top Bottom