Cozumel in November 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is one of these guys Matt?
photo-op-at-the-sign.jpg

I was just reading a report about Blue Angel on TA, and hmmm... faulty equipment, some very mixed reviews about Jose there. :shakehead:
Avoid this Dive Shop - Poor Gear and Bad Service! - Review of Blue Angel Dive Shop, Cozumel, Mexico - TripAdvisor

elletek,

No, Matt is not in that picture.

Having been on a number of dives lead by Jose, I can assure you that he is a very capable and courteous DM. He loves to point out the little creatures that are hard to find.

Turk9

I was just reading a report about Blue Angel on TA, and hmmm... faulty equipment, some very mixed reviews about Jose there. :shakehead:
Avoid this Dive Shop - Poor Gear and Bad Service! - Review of Blue Angel Dive Shop, Cozumel, Mexico - TripAdvisor[/QUOTE]

Well, I agree, that diver had a very unfortunate experience and I hope management took care of it. We have never had a problem with BA's rental gear, everytime we go it all appears to be fairly new stuff and in good shape. No doubt if one looks hard enough every dive shop has had a bad report.

Also if your daughter is hesitant about doing a boat dive for her first dive in COZ, she can do a shore dive from Blue Angel with a DM, probably Matt, on the first day- very easy, and she can go at her own pace. There is actually lots of sea life around to look at from their shore. Good luck- Jean in MO

elletek- Not sure you are aware that there is an Ironman event Nov 29 in COZ. I'm not sure how it will effect diving that day. We were not planning on diving that day, we want to watch the event. Jean in MO

Ironman Cozumel

Just booked 10/31 - 11/7 at the Aura.

Diving with Alison of course...

Guess I better dust off the video camrera and toss a new battery in the dive computers.

elletek,

No, Matt is not in that picture.

Having been on a number of dives lead by Jose, I can assure you that he is a very capable and courteous DM. He loves to point out the little creatures that are hard to find.

Turk9
Thanks! Yah, it was prolly just luck of the draw that this client got faulty gear... perhaps Jose was having an "off" day. Creatures are great to see, but safety is numero ono in my book.

Well, I agree, that diver had a very unfortunate experience and I hope management took care of it. We have never had a problem with BA's rental gear, everytime we go it all appears to be fairly new stuff and in good shape. No doubt if one looks hard enough every dive shop has had a bad report.

Also if your daughter is hesitant about doing a boat dive for her first dive in COZ, she can do a shore dive from Blue Angel with a DM, probably Matt, on the first day- very easy, and she can go at her own pace. There is actually lots of sea life around to look at from their shore. Good luck- Jean in MO[/url]
Thanks again Jean!

She isn't hesitant about doing a boat dive, in fact, she's very excited about going out to the reefs. She's just a bit hesitant about diving with unknown people and possibly an irresponsible group or DM. I don't dive, only snorkel or I would be down there with her.

elletek- Not sure you are aware that there is an Ironman event Nov 29 in COZ. I'm not sure how it will effect diving that day. We were not planning on diving that day, we want to watch the event. Jean in MO

Ironman Cozumel
oh boy, this is gonna put a damper on coz for us. Looks like the event runs Thurs - Mon Ironman Cozumel program

We may have to look into a boat dive out of PDC over to coz in this case and a possible dive from Akumal. I'm sure it will be killer to catch the ferry with all the added people attending the event.

Well, I was planning a trip in November but with all the drug deaths and dive knives, I'm kind of afraid to go...

HAH! TOTALLY KIDDING! I'll be there November 22-28, diving with Scuba Mau and probably staying at the Villa Blanca. 93 days to go according to the countdown clock on my computer.

Hey teach! I hope I dont scare you away, gonna be there from the 19th-26. Not sure where I'm staying. I know who I'm diving with. By the way Kathy is coming down from Toronto. Will be a fun week if we all can get on the same boat. kev

Angie and Randy will be there Nov. 20 - 27. Diving with Scuba Mau and staying at Villa Blanca.
Hi Randy! I'll see ya on the dock!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the board but have been stalking for quite some time now.

I'll be in CZM 11/28 and 11/30 with my novice diving daughter (mid 20's and very cute!) and looking for a dive buddy. She just completed her open water cert and wants to dive Coz for 2 days. She plans a few more pool dives (we are land-locked) before we arrive in Coz but feels very uncomfortable about diving with an unknown dive buddy in Coz as there was an incident with her first day open water diving with an irresponsible buddy that abandoned her.

Is anyone interested in adopting my daughter for a dive buddy for two days so that she may fulfill her dream of diving Cozumel? Special requirements would include patience and responsibility.

While there I think a refresher course would be good for her the first day but she still needs a reliable buddy and we're not sure which dive club to choose. She has her heart set on this but I don't want to bring a dead daughter back home from vacation!

Hey elletek! Scubamau has small fast covered boats, very safe and fun dms. Opal would even let you on the boat if there is enough room if you want to go, to make your daughter feel better. Opal would put a private dm with her and she would have the time of her life. I leave on the 26th or I would love to dive with her. I really enjoy helping new divers feel comfortable. Email Opal at scubamaucozumel if you havent lined up anything yet.
Also I have been on the ferry quite a few times when it is very busy, just get there early, not a big deal. Remember it's island time, things move slower anyway.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom