Cozumel Marine World, Dive House & Dive Paradise.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dont see much written here about any of the three operators listed above. Were considering a stay at Casa Del Mar and these are three of their partners.

I may make alternative dive plans outside of the resort. Any info on the above would be appreciated.

I used Dive House for a two tank dive last year when they were the Royal Caribbean dive op at the time. I thought they ran a very good op, breaking the divers into groups of 4-6 divers based on experience, each with a DM, and an additional DM that brought up the rear of the last group in the water. Their boat was comfortable and had plenty to room for the 16 divers on board. Briefings were thorough, and I had no complaints about either dive.

I dont see much written here about any of the three operators listed above. Were considering a stay at Casa Del Mar and these are three of their partners.

I may make alternative dive plans outside of the resort. Any info on the above would be appreciated.
One of the things I would look at is the size of the boats the operator is using. The bigger boats will take longer to get to the reefs and will usually dive the northern parts of the reef. If you can get on the smaller boats there will usually be fewer people and the boats are much faster. They usually get to the reefs that are father away. The smaller boats are mostly advanced divers. Just an idea.

I sometimes use Dive Paradise who are the in house op at Hotel Cozumel & the Barracuda.
Dive Paradise has big boats & small fast boats. To the best of my knowledge none of the small fast boats have shade so it gets a bit hot on sunny days when you aren't in the water. No opinion on the others.

I've been diving with Cozumel Marine World the past few years when staying at Casa Del Mar. I have found them to be friendly, safe and great with service. They run 3 boats. 2 of them are larger (so you could have 3 DM and like 18 people on the boat.) There one small boat holds like 6 divers. Shade available on all boats with snacks on board.

Everyone has their preference. I've dived sidemount, backmount and enriched air with them with no concerns. I like being able to store my gear at the docks too as I walk over the bridge to Casa Del Mar.

Check out Robertas Scuba shack across the street from Casa Del Mar, small boats and they cater to where you want to dive.

Check out Robertas Scuba shack across the street from Casa Del Mar, small boats and they cater to where you want to dive.

I would second this. I don't normally dive with Scuba Shack but I've gotten many shore tanks from them and dove from their shop. Nice locker room, rinse tank and shower. Nice people. Very easy boat entry. I think they're prices are right in line with most other ops. Small boats with cover. The week I was diving with them, the SI snacks were fruit, water, and some kind of amazing coffee cake or something like that. Just walk out of the CDM restaurant and walk kitty corner across the street. Village Tan Kah, Roberta's hotel, or whatever you'd call it, is right across the street from Scuba Shack. You could put your feet in your flip flops right out of bed, walk across the street and right on to the boat with only a few curbs to go over. Ultimate easy. Very different place than CDM. I've stayed at CDM a dozen times or so.

no experience with dive house. dive paradise limits dive times so we avoided using them. marine world gets a thumbs up from me. go see alex there. casa del mar is a basic place. i liked the room i had when there. food there was hit and miss. marine world is right across the street at the pier. decent shore diving along there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom