Cozumel Vacation advice for Diver and non-Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's good to know. Fortunately, we booked our March trip already. We were told that Spring Break (only time my wife can get off work) isn't that bad on Coz, like it is in Cancun. Is that true?
True.

You mentioned diving with Roberta's. I was also looking at them because they list that they help people with health issues dive. My wife is interested in diving, but has multiple health issues that would probably require assistance getting into and out of the water, etc., so I may look into them further on our next trip.

Roberta's Scuba Shack is right between Casa del Mar, the Park Royal, and right across the street from Roberta's hotel, Village Tan Kah. Getting on and off the boat at Scuba Shack is very, very easy, practically a level step and in a protected cove. VTK is a very small place (12 rooms?) with a nice pool and a common area with tables, a TV and casual seating. If you're staying there, it's about 150 feet(?) from the hotel pool to the boat. CDM would be the next easiest place close to Scuba Shack. There are no TVs in the VTK rooms as far as I know, if that's an issue. It's a 95 peso taxi ride one way to "town" from that area. I've stayed at Casa del Mar and visited friends staying at Village Tan Kah and have also been diving with Scuba Shack.

I don't know if Roberta is doing something special, she may be, but for the record it's pretty common for dive shops to try and accommodate people with gear, etc. They help on the boat getting you geared up. They'll take your gear from you so you can climb up the boat ladder without it. Just make sure you tell them exactly what you want/need when you're making your arrangements.

Roberta's Scuba Shack does have very easy boat entry and exit at their dock.

I don't know if Roberta is doing something special, she may be, but for the record it's pretty common for dive shops to try and accommodate people with gear, etc. They help on the boat getting you geared up. They'll take your gear from you so you can climb up the boat ladder without it.
Lots of good information, thanks! Roberta's has a separate page on their website about adaptive diving: Adaptive Scuba Diving – Roberta's Scuba Shack

The people they mention have very serious disabilities. My wife does not, but has multiple health issues (back, shoulder, hip, hand, etc.) that may require her to wait until she's in the water to gear up, and even boat ladders can be a challenge -- so I thought I might check with Roberta's the next time we go to Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom