Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my body rots into the ground (well I could be cremated for sure, but you get the idea :wink:), and that my consciousness disappears when I die. Actually, I find my life has so much more purpose and is far more exciting now that I no longer believe in God. Basically I only have a very very short amount of time to make the most of. No waiting until a 'better life in heaven', all I have is now so I am damn well going to make the most of it! :)
My personal philosophy is to make the most of both lives. (I really don't see it actually as 2 seperate lives. Rather I see physical death as a comma rather than a period.) I do admire your vigor though- it is refreshing. I bet you hear that a lot.
Spencer

Neras,
you get a lot of flak here and it saddens me to say, since I too am a Christian, that you deserve a portion of it.
You need to stop being an ass and you need to stop talking down to people. Your pride is a stumbling block for yourself as well as others with whom you communicate. Normally, in a case as this, I would IM you and not make this public. However, given how you have reflected on Christ in these threads I feel it necessary to say publicly that you have not been a very good representation Christianity, and that you should reflect upon the Fruits of the Spirit- love, joy, patience, kindness, etc.
I don't say this from an elevated state, looking down on you, but I say it humbly, with hope that you will consider my words before being dismissive.
Spencer

I think my body rots into the ground (well I could be cremated for sure, but you get the idea :wink:), and that my consciousness disappears when I die. Actually, I find my life has so much more purpose and is far more exciting now that I no longer believe in God. Basically I only have a very very short amount of time to make the most of. No waiting until a 'better life in heaven', all I have is now so I am damn well going to make the most of it! :)

i totally agree with that. I was raised as a southern baptist. I lost my faith when i was about 13. The human race will never have piece as long as have religion. When a man/woman can be a good person just because they know its the right thing to do, then, maybe, we ill advance past all the warfare. I felt much better as a person once i shunned the shackles of oppression that is any religion. when i die my "everlasting life" will come from my daughter, and her children, while my body is turned ino ash and placed on the memorial reef. I couldn;t think of a better heaven. A permanent dive, how awesome!

Yes that is what I believe, and I will be cremated. No point taking up real estate away from the living.

Basically...6 feet under (or cremated, as the case may be).

Last edited:
Ramen Saspotato, ramen.

Theunis, you've a lot of friggin' nerve telling other people what is and what isn't without a whit of evidence to support your view. That takes unmitigated gaul, overwhelming ego and just plain bad manners.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

:rofl3:

no asteriod hit the earth and caused the extintion of the dinosaurs. chuck norris once roundhouse kicked a man so hard that the force ripped the fabric of space time and wiped out the population of the ancient world.

Neras,
you get a lot of flak here and it saddens me to say, since I too am a Christian, that you deserve a portion of it.
You need to stop being an ass and you need to stop talking down to people. Your pride is a stumbling block for yourself as well as others with whom you communicate. Normally, in a case as this, I would IM you and not make this public. However, given how you have reflected on Christ in these threads I feel it necessary to say publicly that you have not been a very good representation Christianity, and that you should reflect upon the Fruits of the Spirit- love, joy, patience, kindness, etc.
I don't say this from an elevated state, looking down on you, but I say it humbly, with hope that you will consider my words before being dismissive.
Spencer

No way, Beavis!!

Normally I would p/m you separately and tell you not to cave into these ungodly heathens, but now I am telling you up front and in public.

Someday you will surely meet Jesus, or Jehovah, or Allah, or Buddha, or Shiva, and he will ask you, what did you do to combat the evil ungodly and phillistine on the internet? Then what will you say? That you shovelled sheat in Missouri?

Ramen Saspotato, ramen.

Theunis, you've a lot of friggin' nerve telling other people what is and what isn't without a whit of evidence to support your view. That takes unmitigated gaul, overwhelming ego and just plain bad manners.

Thal, just so that you know, I have tremendous respect for you and your beilefs, you are a gentleman, a true atheist, and a scholar.

Nothing wrong about any of that.

Last edited:
Oh for jimminy christmas' sake. Look what you've gone and done nereas. Nereass, be a true christian and appologize to sandmanz and beg God's forgiveness for your vanity and harsh words against our brother, sandmanz.

A "brother" is someone who shares the same faith. Thus you are completely mistaken.

Here is how that vocabulary works out, at least in the ancient Greek New Testament:

A "neighbor" is not a brother, but one who lives in close proximity within the same nation.

A "stranger" is of another nation.

An "enemy" is someone who attacks you.

So take another guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom