Cressi - Sub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnew1973

Reaction score
Anyone have any negative opinion on Cressi gear.I bought the Cressi horizon ,seems to be a great mask.I also bought the S111 bc and the airtec reg .I was wondering why i dont see much of it around or atleast dont hear much about Cressi . I havent been around diving very long ,only a few months now but I see alot of dacor and other brands. Is it just me or does it seem noone else uses Cressi?

Lots of Cressi around. I think though that since Cressi is a European company (Italy?) that you will find it taking a bit of a back seat to more local companies on this side of the pond (USA).

Cressi is known world over for their fins. I have a pair of their Space Frog fins and wouldn’t trade them for any other ...........………………….Arduous

I have the Airtech as well and really like it, there isn't a whole lot of information out there on them, I had to dig really hard to find anything.

cressi-sub is great company.....I dove their archimede dive computer the other day loved it I also love there fins and BC's I bet the wet suit was blue grey and black thats all you can get in the local USA shops:)

ok, I've got a silly question here, please don't beat me up too much about it. :wink:

Just bought yesterday the Cressi Horizons mask. Yippee!! Had my eye on it for a while - when I took it home and got it out of the box, I noticed that (please bear with me while I try to describe the thingamajig) the plastic tabs on each side of the mask that the strap runs through doesn't appear to snap or lock down onto the strap - it kind of sits up a little bit, and then there is another clip further along the strap that holds in the excess.

Is this right? Sorry if this sounds lame, but my only mask prior to this is one I used for snorkeling for years and years, and the latch lifts up to loosen the strap to adjust, then snaps down with a "click" - so I'm not sure if the Horizon is supposed to be this way.

That new Cressi Big Eyes mask that's been advertised in scuba mags a lot this year is a really intriguing mask. Very low volume, and seems to give you a large field of vision. That may be my next mask in a few years (fingers crossed that it fits me!).

By the way, Cressi is also really well known for their association with Freediving, especially freediving fins.

You can check out their US website here:
Cressi-Sub USA

I am a new diver, but I got the Big Eyes and really like it alot, but it is also the first and only mask I have ever used, so I can't really compare. I think what impressed me most was trying it on in the store, and I could see the logo on my shirt, something no other mask was able to do, but it may not allow as much vision upwards as others. All in all, I am pretty happy with it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom