Crotch strap pad.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I recently bought a new dry suit.

I am thinking that I may want to put some type of padding on the crotch strap to eliminate any wear on the suit from the strap.

I would think a neoprene sleeve would work best.

Does any place sell that? Or do you have a better recommendation?

Is it a 1" on the suit itself or 2" from a bcd crotch strap? If 2", then to can order neoprene shoulder pads (divegearexpress, northeastscubasupply, DRIS) or if you have a kayak/canoe place near by, you can get the same thing made for paddles for half the price......or get an old wetsuit, scissors and some glue.......
If it's from the suit, don't worry, it's designed with wear in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the 2" BC crotch strap. The webbing is fairly stiff.

I have an REI close by, maybe I'll swing by there and have a look. I'll also check the shoulder pads from DRIS and DGE. Thanks!

Cave Adventures sells a 1.5" softer crotch strap for under $10 IIRC. Get a sewn loop version.

Otherwise, they also sell a split-saddle crotch strap that they designed in-house. I ordered 2, but haven't tried them yet. Otherwise, I've been using the 1.5" straps for a few years.

Zeagle also sells the split saddle strap. I put a set on my rebreather harness and love it. I feel much more connected to the unit because I can snug it up more than if I were using the 2" crotch strap. I also don't dread giant stride entries from higher up like I did with the crotch strap.

I would think they would put less wear on a drysuit as well.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom