Custom wetsuit idea: would this work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Spetton looks like it would fit the bill, but that camo look is just not for me, hehe. I looked into the Fourth Elements as well, and they do look ideal (especially the portability) but they don't seem to have pants. Also, I'm a bit concerned that they might not be that good below 80F.

From what I'm reading so far, there does not seem to be a significant disadvantage from having a 2-piece wetsuit (not farmer john style but jacket and pants). If so, I wonder why they are so hard to find. In any case, I guess I'm now leaning towards having one custom made.

The Spetton looks like it would fit the bill, but that camo look is just not for me, hehe. I looked into the Fourth Elements as well, and they do look ideal (especially the portability) but they don't seem to have pants. Also, I'm a bit concerned that they might not be that good below 80F.

From what I'm reading so far, there does not seem to be a significant disadvantage from having a 2-piece wetsuit (not farmer john style but jacket and pants). If so, I wonder why they are so hard to find. In any case, I guess I'm now leaning towards having one custom made.

The camo is a bit gawdy almost. But look at this picture. Never mind the fish....look at how the camo pretty much matches the colors of the sea and reef. This is the barrier reef here in Belize. For some fish, I think there is a bit of an advantage to blend in. If you can sneak around and lie still, you may be able to get closer for a better picture. And it is probably the most comfortable wetsuit I've worn out of.....10? or so I've owned.

388609_2506214466380_1583599415_2367892_612830685_n.jpg

Yeah the fish might not notice me, but other divers on the boat surely will (and probably not in a good way! :laughing:) That said, it does look a lot better in your photo than it does in the stock pics.

So for ease of use, it seems like a 2-piece with a front-zip jacket might be right for me.

Back
Top Bottom