• Knife

Votes: 99 75.0%
  • Scissors

Votes: 64 48.5%
  • other, please specify

Votes: 13 9.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I was just wondering what people use for cutting devices under water, personally I take a knife and a pair of scissors, I'm taking no chances around this kelp

I carry a couple of knives, hey if it came write down to it I can get pretty animalistic and I would use my teath to get free from a tangle or even to defend myself against attacking marine life.:getsome: :yellow: :sharky:

I have some heavy-duty butcher's shears and a bunch of knives. The shears have small serrations on the blades so that the object being cut does not slip out. Being that I collect several different kinds of knives, it is always a challenge to decide which couple get to go along. The ones left behind can become soooo jealous! I generally go with one larger knife (the proverbial "sharpened prybar") and a smaller fully serrated blade.

I have three tools. Two knives (one on leg, one on sholder of bc), and one pair of scissors (on oppostie shoulder of bc).

wasn't sure how to cast that vote....

A blunt tipped medium sized dive knife on the inside of my left calf, and EMT shears clipped off on a D-ring on my left shoulder strap.

I carry both shears and a knife. If I expect to need to cut straping I will also take a hook knife.

For wood pilings I take the hydraulic chainsaw.
For concrete either the hydraulic saw or the hydraulic impact hammer.

I have a 5" Blue Tang drop point on my calf and some heavy duty EMT shears on my waist. I've needed both so far, and both have served me well :wink:

i use 2 knives one on each sholder of my BC never really had to use them mutch except to cut roap out of the boats props .
and ive seen a hydraulic saw and man ide love to have 1
there is no mercy in them tho on what they cut .

I have a 3 inch Akona knife on my waist belt. Shears in my drysuit pocket.

If I'm diving warm water and a shorty, I put the shears next to the knife on the waist belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom