• Knife

Votes: 99 75.0%
  • Scissors

Votes: 64 48.5%
  • other, please specify

Votes: 13 9.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I dive around a jetty or rocks, I like to find anchors. You first see a rope which usually leads to chain then the anchor. Sometimes a knife or scissors can't cut the rope. Other times it is easier to unscrew the shackle. Having a pair of pliers and dikes really come in handy!:idea:

I have a two hand broad sword strapped to a sheath next to my tank.

Just kidding..

I use a 5 inch serrated on one end, sharp on the other.

Nice blunt handle too so i can bang my tank if necesssary.

So far, haven't needed it much except to chop up some food for a fish feeding frenzy..

Its always nice to have a reliable broad sword at your side, you never know when you might have blue faced sea-scots attacking you

a difference in the two types of shears..EMT and regular diving shears...and if there is soundsw like the EMT shears are the way to go.....Second question is where would one get the EMT shears up here in Canada, Ontario specifically.....??? Inquiring minds want to know ?
:confused:

Originally posted by Butch103
a difference in the two types of shears..EMT and regular diving shears...and if there is soundsw like the EMT shears are the way to go.....Second question is where would one get the EMT shears up here in Canada, Ontario specifically.....??? Inquiring minds want to know ?
:confused:

Actually, I'd say that EMT shears are the regular ones and the big springloaded ones are the exception. However, I do agree that EMT shears are much more popular. I've got both on my website for a good price. You also should be able to find them at your LDS. I will ship to Canada, even though my FAQ page says I'm US only.

Back
Top Bottom