Cycling is Dangerous, Not Diving, I have Concluded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh yea? well, I might need a back-up plan.

I am positive I will end up in Arizona in a little tiny trailer, no AC, eating catfood someday. I have always been able to see my future very clearly....

at least I won't have tattoes.

yea, we have had the walker discussion,...but thanks almity.

Here ya go:

12628170.jpg

oooohhh....so nice to have friends!

he he....need a pocket for my Depends.

oh, I am getting depressed.

catherine96821:
he he....need a pocket for my Depends.

I think it comes with an optional basket.:D

uh...yea, like at the harbor.

well...I felt very safe riding on the Marine base...not bad real estate either.

People on cell phones, drunks, space cadets and people that think bikes don't belong on the road make cycling dangerous, now we need body armor.

Sun-Sentinel

Man shot, killed while riding bicycle; suspect questioned

Posted December 9 2006

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Detectives are questioning a suspect in the death of a man who was fatally shot while riding his bicycle in the 2500 block of Northeast Third Avenue, a Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said Friday.

[/FONT]

I accidentally stumbled into this thread and see another cyclist from my little bitty city. Dennis, I ride with South Broward Wheelers; do you ride with a group?

Anyway I wanted to say that I've been diving for 27 years and cycling seriously for one year. I've been scared witless more times in a year of cycling than in 27 years of diving. Twice in recent months I've heard loud squealing brakes as some mo-ron didn't see me until they were inches behind me.

My family always used to say "oh we are so scared that you go diving!" yet the worse that ever happened to me in diving was getting stabbed by a sea urchin spine...and that happened in 1978 or 79 or so.

I've seen more members of my bike club hurt in the past year than I have members of my dive club in over 25 years of membership.

/rant

DebbyDiver:
I accidentally stumbled into this thread and see another cyclist from my little bitty city. Dennis, I ride with South Broward Wheelers; do you ride with a group?
/rant

I'm more of a flip flops and shorts bike rider with a can holder on the handlebars:D

Heh, nothing wrong with that!

I have a road bike, a mountain bike, and a bar-hoppin' bike. All three have their very important uses!! :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom